Chapter Nine: Exam Stress Relief

Kirito tapped his pen against the desk for what had to be the 80th time. Eugeo, who was trying to read, groaned in annoyance before turning to his friend and poking his shoulder. Kirito raised his head and slid his headphones off before giving his blonde friend a questioning look.

"What's up?" He asked, earning him a strained smile from the green eyed boy. "Kirito.... you know, you've been studying for 3 days in a row on top of classes... I don't think I've seen you leave except to grab food or go in the bathroom." Eugeo began, "Why don't you call Asuna?" He suggested.

Kirito thought about the chesnut haired girl, he hadn't seen her since their date last week... although they did talk on the phone often or kept in touch through text. He imagined she was up to her ears in textbooks like he was right about now. Exams were coming up before Christmas break after all.

"I don't wanna bother her." He said as he leaned back in his chair, hearing a couple satisfying pops in his back he turned to look at the blonde. "Have you heard from Alice?" Kirito asked. Eugeo nodded and leaned back in his own chair. "Yea, we were thinking about lunch together soon, but honestly as bad as it sounds... I don't want to dress up." Eugeo admitted with a sheepish grin.

Kirito smiled and heard a bzzbzz come from his phone, he looked at it and immediately a smile graced his face. "Asuna?" Eugeo asked as he got up from his desk and grabbed water from the mini fridge.

"Yea." Kirito responded before reading.

Kirito,
I know everyone's busy with exams, but I thought we could all use a break so I invited Lizbeth over tonight, I wanted to see if you Eugeo and Alice wanted to come along too! We can make it a fun movie night!

Let me know if you're interested okay?
-Asuna <3

Kirito smiled at the little heart next to her name. She's adorable... he thought to himself. "Hey Eugeo..." he said as he waved his phone. "I think I just found an answer to both of our problems."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Asuna just finished making her last sandwich and placed it on a tray. She smiled at her handy work and then turned around to Lizbeth. She watched as she flipped through movie lists and walked over to get a closer look.

"Finished with our movie choices Liz?" Asuna asked. Liz turned around looking very proud of herself as she wore a grin on her face. "Yep! I figured we should start with Hereditary, then we can lighten it up a little with Jumanji! Then I figured we'd let the guys pick some superhero movie to watch at the end." She explained as she sat back on the couch and admired her handy work.

She didn't notice Asuna's face had turned 3 shades whiter at the mention of the horror film. Of course Asuna knew that there was nothing to be afraid of. She just... didn't handle movies with that much suspense, she wasn't a fan of ghosts either. She swallowed and noticed her throat was a little dry but ignored it and agreed with her friends choices.

She walked back over to the kitchen and grabbed a tray with 5 glasses along with a jug of water, complete with the sandwiches, and brought them over to the table. She was about to make another trip when she heard the door. Her  face regained some of its colour due to her cheeks getting a rosy tint from excitement as she went to go answer it.

She felt at ease once her eyes met with his dark ones, a smile gracing her lips as she took a breath. "Hi Kirito, welcome Eugeo, you too Alice! Come on in, make yourselves comfortable." She said as she stepped aside, all 3 walked in and their eyes widened slightly at the condo. "Wow Asuna... this place is awesome." Eugeo commented, Alice nodded in agreement. "Thanks, it does get a little lonely on my own sometimes but Liz is usually around to help with that." Asuna answered as she hung up all their coats.