Chapter Six: Meetups in The Courtyard

Asuna started meeting with Kirito more frequently over the next couple months. They'd often meet up in the library or courtyard between classes.

On one particular afternoon when Asuna went out to the courtyard to meet the jet black haired boy, she found him laying in the grass under a tree. He opened his eyes as he heard her approach and sat up.

"Hi Kirito."

"Hey, Asuna."

He said with a smile as she took a seat beside him. "How was your class?" Asuna asked as she settled in and opened her bag. "Ahh, programs, computers, blah blah, nothing I wanna bore you with." He said with a grin. Just then a sound came from his stomach and they both jumped slightly. Asuna gave him a questioning look and Kirito blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"I stayed up late studying with Eugeo last night... I didn't wake up to my alarm, I was gonna be late so I threw clothes on, grabbed my bag and I ran out and forgot to grab my wallet for lunch..." he explained.

Asuna let a small giggle escape her throat and immediately covered her mouth. Earning her an embarrassed glare from Kirito.

Asuna waved her hands in apology. "Sorry sorry! I don't mean to laugh...here, as an apology" she said as she reached in her bag and pulled a sandwich. Kirito gasped softly and was about to take it but hesitated. He glanced back up at the chesnut haired girl with a questioning look.

Kirito didn't want to take Asuna's lunch from her. So he lowered his hand and said, "I appreciate it but you don't have to give up your lunch on my account." He said. Asuna gave him a confused look before she seemed to understand. She opened her bag again and pulled out a second sandwich, earning a confused look from Kirito.

"I decided to bring one for Liz today but she stayed at her dorm, she felt ill this morning and said she'd come to class later on." Asuna explained. "So this will go to waste if someone doesn't eat it, you're doing me a favor." Asuna assured before holding it out again.

Kirito smiled and thanked Asuna before taking the sandwich from her. He unfolded the wrapping and admired it for a quick moment before biting down.

His eyes lit up as he continued to eat the delicious meal. Savoring bite after bite, until the sandwich was gone. He waited until Asuna was finished with her own before saying, "That was delicious." He said with a goofy grin on his face.

"Haha it's really nothing special, it's just a sandwich" Asuna reliped with a smile.

"Just a- no really Asuna, that was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten." Kirito continued.

Asuna smiled in response and looked away slightly as she felt her face heat up. "Well...Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

They continued talking for awhile until a voice snapped them out their conversation.

"Kirito!" A blonde boy called out as he walked towards the two, follwed close behind by a blonde girl with striking blue eyes. Kirito waved back.

"Hey Eugeo! Hi Alice, off on a date?" Kirito asked as he turned to face the two. Both of their faces turned bright red as they stammered over each other.

"Kirito don't joke like that! We just bumped into each other at the library..." Eugeo said. Alice came in right after with, "Yes. I finished my agriculture class early, and was working on my report in the library when Eugeo came by." She summed up.

Kirito chuckled and threw up his hands in surrender. "Alright alright I'm sorry" he said as he laid back in the grass. Eugeo shook his head at him and then turned his gaze to Asuna. "Good afternoon Asuna" he said as he smiled. Asuna returned the greeting and exchanged a quick introduction with Alice.

"I'm Asuna Yuuki," she started.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Alice Zuberg."
Alice replied. Her lips curving into a small smile.

Asuna had heard a bit about Alice from Kirito, apparently her and Eugeo were childhood friends, coming from the same small town. Kirito used to live with them before his family had to move here for his fathers job.

Eugeo glanced at his phone and sighed.

"I have a meeting with an advisor. I gotta go." Eugeo said as he turned and waved goodbye.

"I'll walk you there, I have to drop off some papers anyway" Alice said as she walked off after him.

"See you tonight Kirito!" Eugeo called before he walked off until they were both out of sight.

Asuna glanced back down at Kirito as he was still laid out on the grass. She looked at him curiosly and then asked, "hey, every time we meet up out here you always come to this spot" Asuna thought aloud.

Kirito nodded and then looked at her. "The breeze always feels really nice. You should try it." He replied.

Asuna glanced up at the sun shining through the leaves for a momet ,and then made up her mind and laid down beside him. Kirito opened an eye and watched her lay down, he let a smile sneak its way on his face and then let it shut again. They both enjoyed the weather together and although they didn't mean to they ended up drifting off.

Liz had come to meet Asuna in the courtyard to walk to class together. She looked at her phone and clicked her tongue. "She's never late... where is sh-" Liz's sentence got cut short as a smile krept its way on her face.

She wandered over and leaned forward, beneath her was a sleeping Kazuto and Asuna, they both faced eachother, foreheads nearly touching. Liz reached out and shook Asuna gently, stirring her awake. "Asunaa we gotta go to class.... unless you wanna continue cuddling in the grass, which I'd completely understand" she teased.

Asuna rubbed her eyes in a daze and looked infront of her, her heart nearly jumped out of her throat.

A squeak escaped her lips which made Kirito stir as well, opening his eyes and blinking a few times his eyes met a pair of bright hazel ones, complimented by red cheeks.

"Uwuah!" He said as he leaped back, his face becoming red as well. Liz couldn't hide the amusement on her face as she watched him stutter out an apology.

"Asuna I- I didn't mean to- I mean-" He rambled and Asuna shook her head.

"I - It's fine really! I uh.." Asuna mumbled.

Liz watched as they both stared at their hands, both of their faces a deep shade of red. Then tapped Asuna's head softly with her knuckle. "Hey, class starts in 10 minutes, I dont think we wanna keep the prof waiting" she said. Asuna stood up and grabbed her bag, Kirito doing the same.

"W-well um, I'll see you later Asuna." Kirito said with a smile. Asuna nodded and smiled back.

"I'll be seeing you again as well Liz." Kirito said as he turned his attention to the short brown haired girl. Liz smiled and waved back. "For sure! You and Asuna seem to be attached at the hip recently so we'll be seeing each other." She smied.

He gave Asuna one last smile before turning around and heading to the computer science building.

Asuna grabbed Lizbeth's hand and started hurrying to class, groaning in embarrassment when Liz started teasing her.

And the teasing didn't stop once class started.