Chapter Fifteen: Sick Day

"Kazutoo!" Suguha called from up the stairs.

"Kazuto I need to get to kendo practice, mom said you could drive me!" She called up again.

When she didn't get an answer, she sighed in frustration and made her way up the stairs to his room. She opened the door and found him bundled up in his blankets. "Seriously big brother? It's 11am get out of bed and-" Suguha stopped in her tracks and took a closer look at her older brother. His hair was damp and his bangs clung to his forehead, his skin looked pale and when she touched the back of her hand to his forehead it was very warm. "Kazuto you're burning up...." she realized with a pang of guilt washing over her. 
"Mmmh.... Sugu? Sorry...was it time to drive you to practice?.... give me a minute to... get ready." Kazuto said as he began to try and sit up, the second he did he was met with dizziness as he swung his legs over the side of the bed. "No Kazuto stay in bed, its okay I'll find another way to practice." She said as she lightly pushed her brother to lay down again.

He immediately fell back asleep and Sugu shook her head at him. She went and grabbed her phone and dialed Eugeo's number. The line rang a few times before it was picked up.

"Hello?" Eugeos voice sounded in Sugu's ears.

"Good morning Eugeo, sorry if I'm calling at a
bad time." Sugu answered apologetically.

"Not at all, everything okay?" Eugeo responded, a tinge of worry in his voice.

Sugu was quick to reassure him. "No no of course everything's fine! It's just.... Kazuto is pretty sick and I feel bad leaving him alone here... but its my final kendo practice before the tournament." Sugu explained. "Is there any way you could come keep an eye on him for me for a few hours?"

There was silence on the line for a moment before he spoke again. "Sure.... but uh, I might need some help, so is it alright if I bring Asuna with me?" He asked. Suguha smiled and agreed. "Of course! Bring her along, I'm sure Big Brother would love both of your company."

"Alright. I'll be over in a bit, I'll take you to practice and then I'll come back and hang out with Kazuto." Suguha stuttered out that she could find another way to practice herself but the blonde wouldn't hear it and hung up on her quickly.

"Geez..." the black haired kendo champion muttered and then started packing all of her equipment. It wasn't too long until the doorbell rang and Suguha ran to get to the door.

"Hey Sugu, sorry if we took too long." Eugeo apologized as he walked in, behind him walked in a girl with porcelain skin and long beautiful chesnut hair, tied into twin tails over her shoulders. Suguha watched her bow before entering and she locked eyes with the little sister.

"Hello, I'm Asuna Yuuki. Are you Suguha Kirigaya? Kazuto's sister?  It's so nice to finally meet you." She said with a graceful smile as she held her hand out. Sugu took it and they shook hands as she mustered up a nervous smile of her own. "It's nice to eat - I - MEAN MEET - It's nice to MEET you....." Suguha replied, red blush overtook her cheeks as embarrassment washed over her.  If Asuna heard her she didn't react. She just smiled and then slipped her shoes off and put them to the side.

"Alright Suguha ready?" Eugeo asked. "Ah, yea.... Asuna, Big Brother is up the stairs on the second door on the left side. Please take care of him while I'm gone." Sugu said with a smile before following Eugeo out the door. Once the door closed Asuna turned and took a breath before walking up the stairs, she glanced around as she moved forward. A very nice house, very cozy feeling Asuna thought to herself with a smile as she made it to the top, and then walked down the hall to the room she assumed would be Kirito's.

She opened the door quietly and poked her head in. "Sorry for intruding...." she said quietly. It was still dark, the light from the hallway poking in and illuminating a portion of the dark room. She heard a grumbling noise from the bed as someone shuffled around. "Sugu... were you able to find a ride...?" She heard a stuffy voice call out. She opened the door a little more and walked inside, approaching Kirito quietly. "Dont worry, Eugeo is taking her to kendo." She said as she leaned over him.