Chapter 11

Shailene
There's an intense beeping next to my ear. I reach an arm out to shut off my alarm. I can't find the fricking button! I fumble around, trying to locate it.
"Where is it!?" I try not to shout. I feel someone grab my hand and bring it to their lips.
"Baby. Shailene? Honey?" A soft voice say. A feminine voice. Where's Theo? My eyes spring open. Okay, I am not in my hotel room. There's a window to my right and there's an IV hooked up to my arm.
"Aunt Lucy? What's going on? Where's Theo?" I start to panic. I don't remember anything after getting in the car, after mine and Theo's date. How long have I been here?
"Sweetie, there's been an accident. You've been yout for 5 days. Theo..." She looks away. I shake her hand, trying to get her attention.
"Lucy. What happened to Theo? Is he alright?" I sit up in my bed and feel a sharp pain in my side. I cry out.
"Easy hon, you took quite a hit." She helps me sit up, slowly. She sits back on her chair and brings a hand up to her face. She starts to nibble on a nail. A clear sign that's she's nervous.
"What happened to Theo? Tell me. Now," if I'm alright he has to be, right? She takes a deep breath.
"Theo...he, he's alive. But his-his vitals are dropping." I gasp. I shake my head.
"No, no. Theo has to be okay. If I'm alive, Theo has to be okay!" Sobs wrack my body. I cannot lose Theo. Tears stain my cheeks and spill onto my hospital gown. I wipe my nose. "Can I see him? Please? I need to see him." I need to know if he's alright.
"I'll ask, but don't get your hopes up." She says gently. She gives me a pat on the knee before disappearing out the door. Please let them say yes, please let them say yes. It feels like an eternity, when she comes back. I look at her eagerly, and wait for her to speak. She just shakes her head. I flop back on my pillows and sigh. I need to see him. And I'm not one to take no for an answer.

----

A couple hours later, I've gone pee twice, (both times my hospital gown did no good at shielding my behind) replied to about a million e-mails, and been force fed green slime. (Okay, it was pea soup. But still!). And I still have no idea how I'm going to get to Theo. I'm still too weak to sneak out. And Lucy won't help me, I tried that. Wait, didn't Lucy say he was in the ER? Maybe I could do something to get in there. I search frantically around the room with my eyes, since of course I can't move. I flop back on my pillows, what the hell am I doing? I can't hurt myself, I won't hurt myself. Theo wouldn't want me to. I grab my phone off the nightstand next to my bed and text my friend Nahko.
S: hey! Still stuck in hospital. But feeling better.
I hit send and then go on twitter. There are so many nice comments telling me to get better! My fans are the best. I look up when I hear a knock at the door. Aunt Lucy smiles widely at me.
"Honey, I have some great news!" She says stepping through the door. I smile, thinking of Theo.
"What?!"
"The doctors said..." She drums her fingers against each other.
"Lucy! What did they say!?" I nearly scream. She laughs and takes a deep breath.
"They said you can see Theo!" She shouts. I gasp.
"Hell yeah! Finally. When? When can I see him?" I ask. She grins.
"Right now," she turns towards the door as a nurse wheels in a wheelchair. The nurse pats the chair and then comes to help me into it. I slip out of bed and feel pain, pretty much everywhere. But if I told them that they might not let me go. I bear through the pain and take the few steps to the wheelchair. I ease into it and the nurse, followed by Lucy, pushes me out of the room. My heart is beating so fast. It's only been a few days since I've seen Theo, but it feels like weeks. We reach his room and mom opens the door while the nurse leads me in. I clasp my hands and wring them. I'm kinda nervous. Theo looks beautiful, as always. He has a small cut on his forehead, near his eye and his lip. His usual perfectly styled hair is flat and clings to his face. It looks like he has a fractured arm because there's a small cast on it.
"Take me closer," I murmur. The nurse leaves and Lucy takes me towards Theo. I take his hand and kiss it gently.
"I'll leave you be." She almost whispers. I nod, not looking away from Theo. I hear her shoes click-clack to the door and down the hall. A tear makes its way down my cheek and drips onto my gown.
"Theo. Theo, baby. I miss you so much. Please...come back to me." I lean my head down on the blanket and try not to sob. I look at him once more and smile through my tears.
"You know, I'll make you a deal. If you wake up...I'll date you. To hell with the movie and our friendship. Theodore, whatever all your middle names are, James, I love you. So, take your time, but know I'm waiting here for you when you wake up." I stand up slowly, leaning my weight on the bed, and kiss his forehead. I brush the hair out of his face and sit back down.
"I love you..." I whisper. I lean my head down on the bed and close my eyes. I imagine all the scenarios for when he wakes up. It makes me so happy. I feel a slight tug on my hand. I spring up.

----
A/N again I am really sorry about the short chapters!! I will really try fro longer chapters next time. Thank you so much for reading!