Chapter 18

Tanjiro ran after Zenitsu and held him in his arms while Nezuko tackled Kanao on to the ground.

Kanao punched Nezuko in the face.Nezuko faceplanted on to the ground.Kanao grabbed her katana to try to finish Zenitsu off.

Nezuko grabbed Kanao's ankle and made her trip.Then she got up and threw Kanao far away from them.

She grabbed the sword and attempted to destroy it,After quite some time,She finally broke it.

"ZENITSU!!!ZENITSU!!!WAKE UP PLEASE!!!"Tanjiro shouted.

Zenitsu opened his eyes.

"ZENITSU!!YOU'RE AWAK-"

Zenitsu started tearing up.

"Tanjiro....I don't think I can make it.....I won't......I'm going to die...Even if you call the police or ambulance....But before I die..I want to say one thing to you..I want to say thank you to you and Nezuko.And T-Tanjiro....I've had a crush on you for a while...I didn't get to tell you before but I'm telling you now.....I love you Tanjiro..."

And Zenitsu took his last breath and he perished away in Tanjiro's arms.

"NOOOOOOO!!!ZENITSU!!!WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE??!!!WHY??!!!WHY???!!!I LOVED YOU TOO!!NOW I CAN'T MARRY YOU....like I planned to...."Tanjiro shouted at the top of his lungs.

Nezuko broke down crying.Then she went into rage she ran to Kanao.Kanao barely got up but Nezuko kicked her down.She grabbed Kanao's leg and she broke it with all the strength she had.

Kanao whined in pain.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT!!!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ZENITSU'S GONE!!!HOW COULD YOU!!!!!"Nezuko shouted while still crying.

Both were devastated,They were in despair at the death of their friend.

-

After Zenitsu's death,a funeral was held for him.Tanjiro and Nezuko visited his grave everyday.This time Tanjiro was alone,He brought a bunch of flowers.

Tanjiro walked around the graveyard and found Zenitsu's grave.

Tanjiro put down the flowers on his grave.

Then he took out a small black box out of his pocket.

He kneeled down on one knee and said,

"Hey Zenitsu,Will you marry me?"Tanjiro said while tears were streaming down his face.

"Yes,I will,Tanjiro"

Tanjiro was glad to hear that Zenitsu accepted his proposal.Although he knew that Zenitsu was actually dead and couldn't accept or decline,and it was probably just him hearing Zenitsu's voice.

He smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I already miss you Zenitsu,At least you're in a better and safer place"He said and stood up and left.

A few hours later,Nezuko came by Zenitsu's grave,also crying.

She placed down Zenitsu's favorite flowers on the grave.

"Hey Zenitsu...I hope you're doing good up there..You know,I really miss you and Tanjiro does too..and..."Nezuko was sobbing loudly.

"I'm so sorry"She said.But a moment later she smiled.

"I really enjoyed my time with you,It was really fun,you were a great friend...but now...You're gone....Oh well.... It's getting late now....See you later,Zenitsu"She said as she got up and left.

Zenitsu was watching from above,both happy and sad that his friend and crush were talking to him through his grave.When they were crying,he just wanted to wipe their tears away and say "It's okay".

Zenitsu teared up.

"Thank you,Tanjiro,Nezuko"