𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒦𝒾𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈

"RICHARD I SWEAR STOP EATING THE PLAY DOUGH."

"Sorry Nini...."

Nini and Richard sat at an overly colorful round table at Kiddie Cloud Kindergarten. They had met the first day of school at the water fountain. Nini couldn't reach, and Richard was a couple inches taller than her, so he decided to help her out. The two have been inseparable since, but that's mainly Nini drags him everywhere. And if we are being honest, Ricky was a little scared of her. 

"Hey, Nin-...nin- ni-ni...UGH!" Richard collapsed onto the table, burying his head in the crook of his arms. "It's hopeless." 

Nini simply patted his back soothingly. "You'll get it, don't worry." she whispered softly. Richard lifted his head slightly to see her reassuring smile, making his frustration calm a little. 

"So, Nini." Richard huffed. Not being able to say a's was a hard thing, considering it was one of the most important vowels out there, but Richard managed to survive, even if he pronounced his own name Richird. "Can we have a play date soon? My house is always so noisy." 

"I can ask my parents." Nini said, adding a decorative little crown the princess (or blob) she had sculpted from the play dough. "Why is your house noisy?"

Richard shrugged. "My parents are always screaming at each other." he said, nonchalantly. "My grandma said that they have short fuses. Whatever that is supposed to mean."

Nini frowned. "I don't like it when people yell. It hurts my ears."

"Me too." Richard murmurer, looking like a hurt little puppy. 

Nini noticed her friends sad demeanor, making her itty bitty, baby Nini heart soften. Without thinking much of it, she leaned over and pecked his cheek.

Richard automatically flushed deep red at her actions. DID NINI JUST KISS MY CHEEK?  Nini simply continued working on her princess, completely unaware of Richard's loud beating heart and crimson face. 

That was the first kiss the Nini and Ricky ever shared. Even if Nini didn't think much of it, the two would be laughing about this moment in their far future. 

=========================================================================

"Kourtney! Truth or dare?"

"Ummm....truth."

"What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten, but you enjoyed it."

"It's not very weird, but chocolate ice cream and french fries is soooo good!" 

It was Kourtney's 10th birthday party. She had invited at least half of their fifth grade class and they all gathered around in a small circular, playing the oh-so-popular but risky game of truth-or-dare. 

Nini and Ricky sat next to each other shoulder to shoulder. They had been close friends for the past seven years, but nothing more than that. Nini was the only person who was completely oblivious of the heart eyes Ricky gave her ever time she spoke, moved, or really did anything. She didn't think much of Ricky, but that definitely wasn't the way it was for him. 

"Okay, Ricky!" Kourtney exclaimed, causing Ricky to jump out of his fifth trace of the day. "Truth or dare?"

He raised an eyebrow, challenging. "Dare." A wave of 'oohs' flooded over the small group of fifth graders, awaiting what Kourtney could come up with. 

She grinned mischievously as Nini shot Ricky a surprised smile, which he just shrugged off, trying to act cool. At that moment, she came up with the perfect dare. "I dare you to kiss Nini."