M I C H A E L & sons

nini never liked it when it stormed, but she didn't necessarily dislike it either.

she always tended to find rain soothing when it came to sleeping and song writing, but thunder? yeah, that was a little obnoxious. rain was a easy topic for her music; it's soft pattering on her windows, the sweet smell afterwards, the dewy haze it left on the earth. it was a beautiful thing.

what wasn't a beautiful thing though was the tree that now lay across her room in the midst of a splintered ceiling and broken glass.

"oh my goodness gracious." nini whispered, taking in all the destruction the next morning. everything was destroyed, from the roof covering her to her dressers and even her prized ukulele. she held the dear object in her hands, letting a lone tear slip when she saw the neck broken and a few strings sprouting off in different directions.

"how are we going to fix all of this?" mama c, nini's mom, thought out loud, scouring the area. her blue eyes were frantic as she pushed her hands through her hair.

mama d let out a sigh, placing her hands on her hips. "i'm not sure, but it needs to be done quickly."

"if we can't do it, who can?" mama c wondered aloud.

"michael and sons." nini mumbled off the end of the familiar jingle without a second thought, her eyes still glued to her one and only ukulele.

the two mothers eyes met each others in surprise. "you know, that could work..." carol muttered under her breath, dana nodding in agreement.

"wait, we are actually going to use michael and sons?" nini asked when what she had just said finally sunk in.

nini was....... well to put it plainly, nini was rich. very, very, very, rich. well, her, herself was not rich, her family was. and since she was a part of her family, that meant she was very rich as well, but i think you got the point.

another point being, nini was raised very privileged, and she's honestly quite sheltered to the real world. her world is full of designer heals, expensive perfume (that smells like toxic fumes) and chanel bags. but, she also doesn't take any of this for granted and she's an overall kind person.

that doesn't keep people from talking though.

"i mean, i don't see why not." dana shrugged, taking one last look at the room around her. "it may not be the way we always go, but it's worth a shot."

nini looked up as well at the oak tree laying against her floor, and that very moment, she couldn't agree more.

----

*knock, knock, knock*

nini sprung up from her place on the large, over priced couch, her magazine flying out of her hands in the process. she was currently home alone, like always, and when she is such, she is usually not allowed to open to door when people ask. but in this situation, she was allowed.

and boy, was she excited.

reaching for the knob and pulling it open, the brunette's eyes met with a pair of worn out blue ones that held kindness and a lot of weight. he looked like he had been through a lot, but his eyes still gave nini a warm feeling in her heart and made her feel safe. the next thing her eyes met where those of a teenage boy who stood next to the man. his eyes didn't look as kind...

"hey there!" the kind looking man greeted with a large, warm smile. one that couldn't fail but make nini feel a little safer. "is this the salazar-roberts household?"