chapter 1

"Wait up ciara. You walk so fast. Could you let me explain?" Miranda ran after me. I ignored her and kept up with my space without turning back.

I doubled my steps when I figured she was almost to catch up with me.

I walked real quick and entered the school debate club room. It was a good thing no one was there. I sat on the chair; placing my head down wards.

Before I knew it, I was in tears.

"I'm sorry ciara." I heard Miranda say. She probably had caught up with me. "I could explain. What you saw was..."
"You and my boy friend kissing." I said as I cut her short. "What I saw was my best friend and my boy friend making out." I couldn't control my self so i began letting down tears. "What I saw was my only two friends betraying me!" I was now covered in tears.

I looked at Miranda and I hated myself forever calling her a friend.

"You disgust me Miranda and if you won't mind, just let me be. I don't want you around me. I had never known you had something for Darren. Now I guess you won't have a competitor for that." I said as I took my bag and was about to walk off when Miranda held my arm.

"Let me explain." I pushed off her hand and gave her the devil glare.
"Don't you ever touch me? From this day on wards, I do not know you neither do you know me. We are now strangers." I said as I walked out from the debate room.

Ever falling for Darren was one good thing I have ever done and having Miranda as a friend was a great bonus to me.

I could clearly remember the way they both took good care of me when my mother passed away. They both were always there for me to cheer me up anytime I became weary due to the fact of missing my mum.

They will always tell me jokes and make funny gestures just to make me put on a smile. My smile, they said is the only thing that could make me have all I wanted in this life time.

It was a memorable day, April 3rd, which I would never forget, when Darren proposed to be my boy friend. The garden were adorned with lily flowers; my favorite. The decorations which read:

BE MY GIRL FRIEND OR DIE.

As I laughed at it, the soft music played 'All of you.' By John Legend; my favorite.

The dishes that tasted so delicious; my favorite and lastly the kiss that lasted for two minutes.

All these memories came rushing back to me as I sat down by the school swimming pool. It was so unreal and difficult to bear that my boy friend and best friend had been hooking up at my back.

The plain truth was that I believed and trusted them when they made up excuses of them having a club project since they were of the same club; little did I know they used that privilege to have a swell time together.

Well I had always believed in the proverb that says:

'Nothing can be hidden under the sun.'

I was instructed by my club president to get some instrument from the science club room for our drama presentation for the following day.

Just entering the room; I heard noises, well that of pleasures. I went to sneak peek to find out who were those and probably publish it in my school blog as the newest dating couple of the college.

I tip-toed and turned down the door knob. To my surprise, I saw my best friend and boyfriend; Miranda and Darren having pleasures with themselves at the corner of the science laboratory.

My world came to naught. I wanted so badly to take a pistol and shoot through their skull, but I had to control myself.

"Miranda! Darren!" I called out trying to make them aware of the fact they were caught. They quickly jumped up and that was when I stormed out of the laboratory being followed by the deceptive of my ex-best friend; Miranda.

I let down tears as I remembered this ordeal.

"Wipe your tears off." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw a young guy around my age handing me his handkerchief. "You shouldn't be seen crying like this. So here have it."

I took the handkerchief from him with sincere appreciation.

"Thanks." I responded as I cleaned my tears.

"For what?" he replied staring at me.

"For the handkerchief." I replied as I cleaned off my tears. It was a good thing I didn't apply mascara. If not I would surely look like an out-dated witch.

"You don't have to thank me. It's a good thing you didn't apply mascara." He said still staring at me.

"Well yeah." I looked up and noticed his constant stare. "Could you quit your constant stare? It's becoming rude." I said as I cleaned of my tears.

"Sorry if it seems rude but I'm trying to figure out why a beautiful lady as you would waste your time shedding tears." He said as he sat close to me.

I looked at my side and saw him still staring at me. "Will you quit that? It's really becoming impolite."

"Have we met?" he asked me as he tried recalling where he once saw me.

"No. I don't think so besides this is my first time of seeing you." I said trying my hardest not to think about Darren and Miranda.

"I bet I have seen you before but I can't just place where or when precisely." He said.

"Well I can't say for myself."

"Anyway i-"

He was cut short by the ringing of his phone. "Excuse me." He said as he walked a bit far from me. I couldn't really hear all that he said but I bet I heard. 'I don't think I might be able to bring her along.' Then he said 'what?!' and he hung up. He approached me amidst worry in his eyes.

"I must leave now. There's an emergency." I felt sad because I was already enjoying his company but I didn't want to show it. "Okay. Thank you anyway."

"But that doesn't mean I will not try to recall where I once saw you." He said as he back-walked. "You shouldn't cry anymore because I don't have much handkerchiefs to always give you." He said as he walked off.

I stared after him and wandered where he might have seen me and why does he think I cry a lot. Of course I don't cry so I wouldn't need his handkerchief.

Speaking of handkerchief. His handkerchief! I said as I looked at the handkerchief.

I quickly got up and ran after him, but I couldn't seem to find him.

Where on earth are you? I asked randomly. I searched the parking lot; I searched everywhere and asked the gate-man. He confirmed he saw the description of the person leaving the college premises

Then I guess I will have to return it tomorrow. I told myself.