chapter 13

• Dedicated to Fauzi Lorenzo

The noises were too much. I felt headache. A very heavy headache as I opened my eyes. I was still feeling dizzy. Very nausea and weak. I felt my head and discovered I had bandages on my head, some on the face and also on my finger. The pain was too much. What was I doing here? Where was here? Why was I here? I thought as I tried opening my eyes.

"sweet heart." Turing to the direction of the voice, though I could barely see nothing but I would always recognize my dad wherever.

"daddy? Is that you daddy?" I called out.

"yes baby. Are you feeling okay? You want me to call the doctor? Tell me where you're feeling pains." I heard my dad feel so concerned for me. I loved my dad so much.

"daddy I have  severe headache. And my body aches a lot." I managed to say.

"why wouldn't it? For Christ sake I have told you countless times not to dug out your head while riding. What if it was your head that was chopped off? What exactly would you want me to do?"

"daddy, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to act so childish. I promise that would be the final time ever. Sorry dad." I apologized.

"even if I get so upset at you, it wouldn't change a thing. Anyway your sister heard what happened. She's super furious at you. So your aunt as well. And morena too."

"you told aunt and morena? Why dad? It was just a minor accident."

"to you it may. But to us no. anyway your aunt says you would receive her own bargain of scolding when she comes. As for morena, she said when she comes tomorrow, you're a dead meat."

I knew what morena mean as been a dead meat.

"okay dad. Maybe I should just prepare myself for a lot of scolding. One out of four. Three remains." I said.

"okay. Enough talking. Get some rest." My dad said as he turned to leave.

"dad?"

"yes."

"where's Craig? Why isn't he here?"

"well, I would only say you better get some rest." My dad said as he went out. Shutting the door right behind me.

******

Okay, fine okay. It was my entire fault. Why does someone else has to pay for it? Maybe our fault. Besides I wanted this too. He shouldn't pay for it all alone?

"so you mean to say Craig is suspended?" I asked rosette who came to pay me a visit. It was a very good thing it was on a Saturday.

"yeah girl. I think someone ratted you both out, but Craig took the blame for you both." Rosette said as she helped me pack my things.

"you mean Craig took the blame all on himself? But he can't do that, our exams is fast approaching. Our project, classes, they can't punish him." I said almost now in tears.

"well what you both did was against the school rules. You left school without seeking authorized permission. You even had to lie to the security guard. And also... " rosette hesitated.

"what rosette? Tell me."

"well you see the security guard claims you both bribed him in letting you both go. He even showed the cash you gave him." I was stunned at what rosette told me. Bribe? What bribe?

"that's not true. Craig  and I never paid him or gave him bribe. Well I admit we corned him, but we didn't..."

"ciara, I don't think you have to start trying to deny or not. Craig is really at the edge right now. You have to figure out a way to help him before he is totally wrecked." Rosette said as she zipped up my bag and placed it on the chair. I was really now In trouble.