chapter 10

Crushing in between two teen boys was not any fairy tale a girl would dream of. Apparently I am a girl and since childhood I have never wished for this episode in my life.

Crossing his hands over me, I felt Darren burning in anger. I knew Darren very well. Though we dated for less than 3 years, I could tell when he is sad or happy. Envious or grateful. When his at peace or troubled. All this I learnt about him when we were a couple.

He had a weak side and a strong side. I being his girlfriend had been a victim of both sides.

I could remember the day his parents divorced. According to him, his father abandoned him for a second family. That day, I was grateful. He was able to rely on me not as a friend but as a girlfriend.

He was heartbroken. Angry. Hurt. He felt he was worthless and didn't matter to the world. He felt he was a mistake made by both his parents. And I as his girlfriend stayed by him all through the way.

"we are here." I heard the cab driver say as he pulled off on the American burger and fries. "this eatery is known for its undivided taste. They serve the best dinner every night. Maybe you all can try it out." The driver said with a smile on his face.

"really? Then I can't wait to try." I said as I came out of the car. Happy and grateful I was no more bondage in between two teens.

"so who's going to pay?" I asked both Craig and Darren as I saw how ideal they were.

"I'm not paying." Darren said.

"you were the one who insisted we go." Craig said.

"okay if you say so." I dipped my hand in my bag and brought out $1 and paid the cab driver.

"enjoy your meal." He said as he drove. Somehow, I was feeling sad that the driver left. Now I was now alone with these two teens.

"let's go in." I said as I took the lead.

The restaurant was a bit classy. This was the kind I saw on television when a guy and girl go on dates. This was the kind of place I and Darren usually go to on our dates.

"this place looks a bit expensive." Craig commented as we sat down on an empty space. I felt shy since so many costumers began to stare. They might be wondering how a girl would go on a date with two teen boys.

'it's not my fault.' I muttered to my myself as response to  the stares coming from the costumers.

"what were you saying?" Craig said.

"saying? What was I saying?" I replied as Darren looked at us.

"I heard you mutter some words. What were they?" Craig added.

"nothing. Nothing at all. You both should order. Something like chunk,inexpensive and not too sugary. I would be right back." I said as I stood up making way outside of the restaurant.

Maybe because I was imaging. Or because I wanted to leave for a while. I thought as I walked up to Dr. Rodney. My family doctor. It been long, since my mum passed away I haven't seen him. According to dad, he was transferred to New York for a three years contract.

Dr Rodney was a very calm gentle man. When I was young, I could remember the day mum took me to his hospital for tooth issue. I had a terrible tooth ache.

Usually, children would be frightened at the sight of the doctor that would operate on their tooth. But I was not.

The smile, laughter and assurance that he gave me made me fall in love with him then. He was a handsome man for sure.