chapter 19- Final Chapter

I woke up and found myself in a tattered basement. It was dirty and my clothe were soiled. When I tried to get up, I saw that I was tied to a chair. The rope were so tight that I found myself so weak to loosen.

My head was still spinning round that for a moment I was still contemplating on what was going on.

"it seems our princess had decided to wake." I knew the voice. It was Miranda's. I looked up and in a dizzy mode saw her.

"Miranda?" she laughed in a frightening way.

"wow! I never knew you were that intelligent ciara. I'm thrilled. Well then since there will be no need for any introduction I suggest it would be welcoming. Isn't it?"

"Miranda what is really going on with you? Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?" I was now sober.

"really, you don't know?" she scoffed.

"then you could tell me. If I did anything I could-"

"apologize? Do you really think everything ends in apology? Do you?!"

"then what do you want? I didn't do anything to you. What do you-" she came over to me and held my hair so tightly that I gasped.

"there. I want you to suffer. I want you to go through torture. That's what I want." She let go of my hair.  I looked at her.

"then do it. Do it if you really want to have peace of mind." She laughed again.

"and who do you think will do it? Me?"

"then who?" she pointed at someone.

I turned to see who she was pointing at. I looked closely, it was Craig. It was Craig.

"Craig?" I said in disbelief.

"yes Craig. Why did you think it was someone else?" I couldn't remove my gaze from Craig. Then facing Miranda.

"what did you do to Craig Miranda?"

"and why are you asking me? Why don't you ask Craig himself? He was the one that suggested we bring you here. So why-" I heard Craig say to Miranda to leave.

"get out Miranda! You already have what you want. Darren, so you better leave." I turned my gaze to Craig.

"where's Darren? Where's he?" I asked in anticipation of getting an answer.

"okay I'll excuse myself. Besides Darren is more important to me than this piece of work." Going near Craig, she placed her hand on his shoulder. "have fun boy."

I didn't know what to say. Everything wasn't balancing in appropriately. I wasn't getting any meaning to all this.

"Craig, what's really-"

"don't speak to me as though we were friends ciara."

"listen i-"

"I begged you to stay with me, I pleaded but you just walked away. You wholeheartedly left without considering how I would have felt." Tears engulfed my eyes as I remembered the incident at the garden.

Flash back

I felt Craig's hand from behind holding up to me.

"don't leave me." I knew I just couldn't love him. Darren was the only one I could ever love. I turned to him facing him.

"I'm sorry Craig but I- I can't stay with you. If I do then you will just be getting it all wrong."

"then let me, ciara. I know you don't love me as much as I do for you but I swear I can really wait. Let me just be the one loving. You don't have to-"