Chapter 17

My mind was still going in circles. Everything felt so unreal to me. The only questions I kept asking myself were: How? Why? When? How? Why? When?

I couldn't ask myself any other thing else. Mum why? Mum how? Mum when?

I saw my mum as the only saint while still alive. I saw her as the purest and holiest of all creation. I didn't know she will be this way. No wonder dad never really paid her attention. No wonder dad was seldom around. No wonder.... I choked my thoughts with tears. Dad wanted a divorce.

I ended up crying cause it was so bitter and hurtful. It was just so unbelievable.

"ciara don't hold it in. let it out. It will choke you if you do." My aunt told me.

I was now if more in pains. I was mean to the people who were victims. I was so mean to them.

"tell me one truth aunty. Why did mum pressure me to study medicine?"

It was all not visually real to me. Everything was like a nightmare. It was as though I was no longer a living being. Of course I wasn't. everything in my life were just lies. Secrets. Deception. Lies. I tried to blame aunt Ann, but judging from the story, she had being the victim. It will only take a devil to accuse her after what she went through. She must have suffered a lot.

Dad was next on my list. I wanted so badly to lay everything on him but he was the only loser. He was lied to. Hurt. I bet he would have suffered a lot  out of nothing. For a thing he was completely innocent about.

Mum; or should I say Camilla. That was her name. Camilla Collins. She was the plotter of all this. I hate her. She had turned everyone into a mess out of nothing. I can't just believe I had actually wept and cried over her death. Right now, I feel relieved. If she had happened to be alive at this hour, I would have really hated her even still her death. It hurt so much. So much that I just couldn't explain.

"I grew up believing mum was an actual saint. I thought she was the holiest of all angels. I really thought so much of her aunty." I really did. I spoke up to aunt Ann who was covered in more tears than i. "but how? Why? Why was mum like that?" the snort from my nose rolled down my lips. I couldn't care less if it found its way into my mouth. I couldn't care less at that moment.

"ciara don't think like that. Your mother was just so in love."

"in love? Aunty do you really call hurting others just to have your way love? She made dad her slave all in the name of having his child. She separated you both from the life you should have lived. She..." my voice was trailed as I thought of the fact not been the biological child of dad. It was even more painful to think.

"ciara. i..." aunty was interrupted as nanny Doris approached us. We in unison cleared our eyes. We didn't want to have a sermon of explaining the reason of our tears to nanny.

"there you both are. I've been looking everywhere for you both. Hannah, I think diamond want to leave. He asked I look for you." I'm pretty sure dad would be pretty uncomfortable seeing uncle diamond. Aunty looked at her watch.

"but it's pretty earlier. The party isn't over yet."

"well I think it is. The guests grew bore of waiting for the actual celebrant." That was true. I was the celebrant and here I am so moody.

"I don't really have the stamina to party nanny Doris. Please just send my regards to them." I got up with the intention of heading to my room. A lot had happened today. I needed rest. I needed the comfort of my bed.

"nanny tell diamond he could leave with the kids. I will come home earliest by tomorrow morning." Aunt Ann rose up from her seat.

"why aunt?"