chapter 4

Chapter 4

The parking lot at school was filled up that I had problem looking for a space to pack my car. After a long wait; I noticed Darren's car and of course he came out with Miranda. They both dressed in cooperate attire.

That was one of the things I did with Darren every first day of the school week. We always wore the same clothes with shoes to match and that made us get all the attention as we walked down the school corridor heading to class.

Those days are now past so I should not dwell on past, I reminded myself as I found an empty space and occupied.

Just getting down from my car, I noticed a guy that was familiar.  So familiar and that was when I remembered he was the same guy who gave me his handkerchief the other day.

I quickly checked my bag to check if I kept it back since I took it out to wash it. It such a luck it was there.

Rising up my head, I discovered he wasn't there any more. Oh! No! not again. I lamented as I searched for him. Why is it that he always disappears any time I want to find him? I thought.

"do you know where that guy you were earlier with went to?" I asked one of the guys I saw him earlier with.

"I really don't know." He responded

"oh. Okay thanks." I said as I walked off.

Where could you possibly be? I asked as I walked down to my class. Just entering the class, I sighted at the corner Darren together with Miranda. I felt a sharp hurt in my heart that could have prompted to tears in an instant if not for the interruption of my teacher.

"sorry if I came in late." My biology teacher; Mr. Eugene said as he made way to his table. He placed the book on the table and came forward to us. "as I earlier said I was- will you two stop the garbage rubbish you are displaying over there?! If you want to have your fun, could you do it somewhere else?" Mr. Eugene said actually to both Darren and Miranda.

I was happy because all the class members ended up laughing at them. It was a hilarious scene.

"I'm sorry sir" Darren said while staying properly. Miranda didn't utter a word but sat erect on her chair.

"so we planned to study the neuron system today right?" Mr. Eugene said as he wrote it on the board.

"Yes sir!" we all exclaimed in unison.

"now before we commence, I would like to present a group project. That is I would be grouping you all in groups. This project will cover over 50% of your year semester. Since by next semester you will be preparing for your final year exams. And also those who registered for the international quiz exams, the result will be out by next week precisely. So you all should get ready, okay? " Mr. Eugene said.

"Yeah!" we responded.

"Now who can tell us a little or much on the neuron system?"

Seeing that no one was willing to stand up, I stood up since I had studied on the neuron system the previous night, so I had a little insight on it.

"I sir." I rose up my hand.

"ciara? Or okay take the lead." Mr. Eugene said while resting on his table.

I began "the neuron system-"

"Could you face the class?"

Face the class! But Darren and Miranda would surely look in my eyes and I can't hold up the tears.