chapter 11

Riding home, I was really down in thoughts. I had a lot going through my mind.

First, about what Angela said to me. I didn't know where or how to analyze what she meant. I was really deep in thought when my phone buzzed; it was Darren. I was really not in the mood to talk to him. I didn't know what to say to him either so I just ignored his call.

Secondly, Craig and Darren. Why on earth would the fight? Have the same voice? And resemblance? I was really going psycho thinking about all these.

Thirdly, Miranda. I know she must have hurt me by stealing Darren but I wasn't cold enough to hurt her back. Though at intervals that had been my desire, but I wasn't capable enough to hold myself back. I knew who I was. I was someone who forgives.

I was still thinking when my phone buzzed.

"hello." I answered, it was Mrs. Stephanie; Darren's mum.

"hello. Ciara?" she spoke from the other end.

"hello Mrs. Stephanie." I replied.

"sorry if I disturbed you, but I was wondering if you would spare me sometime for coffee." She asked.

"coffee? This night?" I asked.

"no. I was wondering tomorrow. Will you be free?" she asked.

"well no problem. I would be free ma. I would come over after school." I said.

"what if we just meet up in a place?"

"okay. No problem with me." I replied.

"thanks ciara. I would just text you the address by tomorrow. Till then good night."

"good night." I replied as I hung up.

******

"good evening dad." I greeted as I made my way into the sitting room.

"ciara. You really are coming back late nowadays. What's going on?" he asked me.

"nothing dad. Why? What you worried about?" I asked as I sat down beside my dad.

"you're keeping late night always. You know it's not good for your health."

"dad, I'm okay. You know I'm a fighter right? Besides, I'm doing this for you, mum and flora." I replied.

"what about yourself?"

"dad, you know I don't care about myself when it concerns my family, I'm okay. Besides you know..."

"do you really want to become a doctor?" he asked me.

"why ask dad?"

"from what I remember, I and your mum forced you in accepting this career, so now I'm asking you..."

"dad, I'm okay. Besides it's not a big deal to cope with it. I'm really getting used to it." I replied hoping my little lie would be truth for my dad.

"dad, I would be heading up now." I said as I rose up.

"ciara?" dad called at me.

"yes dad." I replied him turning back.

"good night." He said smiling.

"good night dad."

*******

"ciara? Is that you?" I heard flora say as she woke up from her sleep. I had stopped by to wish her good night before going to her room. Maybe I had really missed my little sister.