chapter 14

The road to the police station was a little bit far from home. I was still feeling nausea from the accident I had about 2 weeks ago.

A lot had during these two weeks. A lot. A lot of pains that I choose not to remember. A lot that I really don't want to think of. Darren's kidnapping was what really swept me off my feet. I can't still believe he is missing.

Yes, I know he might have hurt me so badly in the past, but I can't just stop worrying about him. He was my first everything. My first love, first crush, first kiss, first boyfriend. Everything I could think of in my romance life. He was my first.

I halted in haste as I noticed that I almost collided with a car. I really must be in deep thoughts.

"Will you watch where you are driving?!" the driver shouted at me. "Young people of this generation really think life is all for fun." The driver added as he drove off giving me a hard stare.

"Sorry." I managed to mutter. If he really knew what I was facing right now, then he would even suggest I kill myself.

*****

The aromatic vapor that came from the bowl was so tempting to my appeal. It was my favorite dish in the world. I just stood right in front of it staring at it like a bull dozer.

"You could commence if you so wish." Darren instructed me.

It was our first dinner date together after we saw at the park. Darren wouldn't for a day let me rest after he managed to swindle out my phone number.

Though he had severely told me about his inappropriate approach to girls; I was wondering why I was so different to him.

"No, I'm fine. I really don't feel like eating anything." I said even though I knew how I wanted so badly to finish the bowl without sharing some with Darren.

"Oh really.  Well I know..."

"You called me out this late, what do you plan on telling me Darren? My mum is waiting for me at home." I said trying to act as though I don't care about him.

"I'm really so sorry. I just wanted to have dinner with someone. I always eat alone." he replied.

"Why? You are an orphan?" I asked. I was hoping for him to get upset at me but he just smiled back. "Why you smiling?"

"Well it's funny. It's really is. You know that the same response I get anytime I ask someone to have dinner with me."

"Well it would sound obvious besides..."

"I have a mother. I'm not an orphan." He announced.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay. Anyway I'm sorrier for causing you problem. Anyway does your injury still hurt?" he asked as he raised his hand to touch my fore head.

"It's okay besides it was really not a lot of pain though." I replied.

"That good to hear. Anyway I hope its better I let you go now. I don't want you to get in trouble with your mum."

"Okay we better get going."

"We?"

"Yes. I'm not letting you stay all here to eat dinner. Let's go to my house instead. Beside I'm sure mum wouldn't mind."

"Well I don't want to impose on your family."

"I will take care of that. For now let's hit the road." I said as I took hold of his hand leading him right through the door.