Epilogue

Epilogue

The plane ride was cozy and fresh. Dad let me stay by the window side. He knew I needed it. After all that had happened, it was only advisable I remain calm and I should not really overreact.

My head was spinning and I was really having a headache. I couldn't control myself anymore. It was really painful.

"use this if you have difficulties breathing." I looked and saw a young guy handing me an inhaler.

"I'm not an asthmatic patient. Thanks." I rejected it.

"then this will do right?"

"look I said I'm fine and i don't want-" my voice trailed as i looked up and behold it was Daren. I lost my voice. "Darren?" he smiled and said.

"I promised I will always be with you and I'm just keeping my word." He hugged me. I could feel his hug.

******

"ciara wake up we're at the Spain airport." I opened my eyes. It was just a dream. I knew it was. It was just real to be true. Darren is dead. He is gone forever in my life and I can't change that but that doesn't mean I can't always love him. He might not be with me physically but I know he will never abandon me. Because he loves me and I will always ,always love him.

"sure dad. Let's go."

Stepping out of the plane, I breathed in deeply. I knew this was my life now. a life Darren and I dreamt of having. It was coming to fulfillment just that Darren wouldn't be there to watch it been fulfilled.

Six years later

"y nos gustaría llamar a nuestros graduados para este año." and we will like to call on our graduates for this year.

Everybody clapped as they student watched forward. I was so very happy watching flora come out. She was happy. This was the life she had always dreamt to have.

"Me gustaría agradecer a mi familia por estar aquí conmigo para celebrar este día tan especial conmigo. Mi tía, mis primos, mi papá y muy especialmente mi hermana Ciara. Los amo a todos y siempre lo haré. Gracias por tu apoyo." I would like to thank my family for been here with me to celebrate this special day with me. My aunty, my cousins, my dad and most especially my sister Ciara. I love you all and will always do. Thank you for your support. Everybody cheered happily as they gave flora her certificate.

I was so happy. This was the day I had always dreamt for her. It was coming to fulfillment. I was happy. I really was happy.

I kept on calling morena but she wasn't speaking. She was suppose to be arriving any time soon.

"someone has been a worry cat." I turned and saw morena.

"morena." I hugged her. "you shouldn't have made me that worried. I thought you wouldn't make it."

"how would I ever miss this for the world. This is flora's day and I made a promise I will attend didn't i?" I smiled.

"and you kept it. Thanks morena." She smiled.

"okay enough of the drama. I need you to meet someone."

"who?" I saw a young guy. Muscular in stature. He had broad shoulder that made him so-

"ciara are you okay?" I relieve myself.

"what?" morena came and whispered in my ear. "you went daze." And she smiled.

"anyway ciara this is Ian Wesley. Ian this is Ciara Collins." Ian took hold of my hand and kissed it.

"my pleasure." He said. I smiled in return.

"anyway guys I will just be over there have fun." Morena left. I knew what she was up to. She wanted to set me up with Ian. When I looked at Ian I felt this feeling of peace. Maybe it's time I opened up a little. I will always love Darren but I also have to love myself. That is want Darren told me in my dream the previous night.

I knew he wanted me to be happy. And I will. I turned to Ian.

"so Ian..."

I knew there will be a lot of things to do. Lots of talking to say, but I was prepared. This is my life now. The life Darren had always wanted. And I will live it to the fullest.

THE END.