1.8

{Rose's P.O.V.} {edited}

"I'm going to ask you again Rose, what are those?" I look down, shaking my head. I didn't want him to pity me, or do anything for me. I wasn't worth it.

"Okay now I know, Rose I can help you I've been in this situation before." I look up him and then to his wrists but he laughs.

"No no, not me one of my old friends, she dealt with depression. She was the best person ever." I looked down again furrowing my eyebrows. (A/N bet you thought I was going to make him be the person that used to self harm but I ain't bout that shit)

"Was?" I ask. Pain flickers across his face.

"She didn't win the battle," he said. His knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel. 

"I'm sorry," I mumble. The silence stretches on for a good few moments.

"Actually Ashton, is it okay if we didn't go home? I uh, my parents think I'm staying at a friends." He nods switching lanes then turns off the highway we were on.

"Do you want to come back to my house? We can hang out and talk if you want?" he asks. I look at the time, it was almost noon.

"How about we get lunch first?"

"Any suggestions?" I thought for a moment. I looked at my arms, the fat fat arms and decided on healthy.

"Ever been to Chopped Leaf?" He laughs shaking his head. 

_______

Lunch was good, I ended up having a small salad, he ended up having a wrap, and he couldn't believe he never came here before. We went back to his house, and now we were just talking about life and the issue of my cuts came up again.

"Rose, I know this isn't a fun topic to talk about but it's good to talk about. Why do you selfharm?" I sigh and slump back into his couch. 

"Do we really have to talk about it? I mean like we literally met yesterday?" I ask and he nods, and I huff. I hate talking to people about my problems, I just feel so stupid and pathetic when I do.

"Rose sometimes it's easiest to talk about things to strangers." I nod, deciding to open up to this curly haired boy.

"Well, it all started pretty much with my dad, you see he is a bit abusive." I look at Ashtons face to see the reaction, his eyes widen but he beckons me to go on. I pull up my sleeve and show the still prominent bruises on my elbow from falling down the stairs. 

"This is just one thing right now, my makeup is also covering some bruises. I didn't start self-harming until I was 14, my brother tried to escape, in fact he did for a moment. He begged me to come with him but, I couldn't. When he was driving away he was victim in a hit and run and-" I break off, fighting off the tears. Ashton rubs my back, comforting me.

"He didn't make it, he spent his entire life being beaten and abused and when he was about to get out he got killed. He's the one that kept me strong. Sometimes I wish I went with him, maybe I would be dead too." I realize what I said and cover my mouth, oh god I just told this boy something I've never told anyone. I let a tear fall but quickly wipe it away. No, I'm not going to cry again.

"There's other things that go into it, I get bullied a lot at school, and I'm anorexic and-"

"Anorexic? Why?" Ashton asks interrupting me. I am taken back, can't he see? I hold up my arm.

"Can't you see, I'm fat ugly and disgusting," I say indicating to myself. It's his turn to look taken aback.

"Rose, you literally look so beautiful, you are gorgeous. There's no need to not eat." I nod, but those simple words didn't cure me.

"Luke said you had some issues with people at school but I never thought it was like this."

"Wait hold up, Luke was talking about me?" He nods excitedly.

"Rose, you're all he talks about. I think he loves you." I zone out, three words repeating in my head.

He loves you.

I'm snapped back into reality when Ashton nudges me.

"Earth to Rose, haha there you are," he says when I focus back on him.

"Oh Rose, we need to tell somebody about your parents." Panic courses through my body, I grab his arm shaking my head no.

"No, not today," I say still shaking my head.

"When?" he asks. I shake my head again.

"Nope Rose, you have to, how about when Luke wakes up?" he asks. I nod agreeing, but what if Luke doesn't wake up? 

A/N

There you go. Nice long update for you guys. Btw when I finish this there may or may not be second book being written. But I dunno. Depends on how this turns out. Anyways, have a good day I'm planning on updating either today or tomorrow. Expect more frequent updates because CHRISTMAS BREAK HELL YEAH