0.1

{Rose's P.O.V.} {edited}

Life is a fickle thing. I hate it, wish it could end the torment. I look at myself in the mirror and tilt my head, looking at the ugly thing I call my body. I pick out the flaws, the way my stomach sticks out over my pants, the non-existent thigh gap, the prominent red acne on my face. I could go on forever really, picking away at myself like a vulture on a carcass. I turn away, tears brimming my eyes, a drop slowly snaking its way down my face to find itself fall off my chin. I walk over to the dresser and open the first drawer on the left taking out a small black ring box and open it. The light on my bedroom ceiling reflects off the sharp blades in the little box, and the voices scream. You are worthless, cut deep enough and you could die, why aren't you dead yet, you fat fuck. I take out one that was from a shaver, and twirling it in my fingers careful not to cut myself. Putting the box down I bite my lip bringing the razor to my arm. Pressing down blood automatically beading in a thin line, sighing in relief at the pain. I repeat this a couple of times until 5 new cuts are present on my damaged wrist. Admiring my arm, the blood drips down but before it leaves my skin I catch it with a tissue and dry up the blood. I put a bandage on it and tape it so it stays on to soak up the blood. Quickly throwing a long sleeve sweater on I slide into bed, tired and exhausted.

_____________

"Rose! Get up school today!" mom yells even though she is at the door. Groaning I get up quickly because if I don't I'll fall back asleep. Getting up and walking to the mirror I start to brush out my long lightly tousled hair that was a dark red. Lifting up my pyjama shirt I notice the bruise on my ribs had finally started to fade. I trail my fingers over it pushing away the memory. I quickly snap out of my daze and continue on getting ready for school. I put on my makeup next and then the outfit. I settled for some ripped jeans and my favourite flannel.

Checking the time realizing I had to leave in one minute if I wanted to catch the bus, I run down the stairs grabbing my bag and going out the door. Deliberately not grabbing something to eat for breakfast and lunch, I was losing pounds because I can't deal with my weight right now. As soon as I reach the bus stop the bus pulls up, already filled with people. Internally screaming I get on the bus looking at the ground. I see a vacant seat, but it's beside a person I hate (which is everyone at my school) so I stay at the front of the bus.

Looking around, just checking out who's on today I'm met with fierce blue eyes staring into mine. I quickly shift my gaze away, recognizing the eyes to belong to the popular Luke Hemmings, girls literally threw themselves at him and I couldn't blame them. He was most likely the most attractive boy in the school. But I have more important things to worry about than stupid boys. Looking back at him to see if he was still staring at me, he caught me by surprise and met me with his beautiful eyes. He smiled and I froze thinking what the hell? I got self conscious and ran my finger through my hair. I gave him a polite smile then hastily looked away, staring out the window as the scenery passed for the rest of the bus ride.