S2 Episode 10: Maneater

S2 EPISODE 10: MANEATER

Amanda opens the garage door and sees Rusty staring into the cooler. They are both dumbfounded. Silent.

Rusty: I just wanted to go to sleep.

Amanda takes a seat in one of the plastic chairs. Another long silence.

Amanda: You're mad.

He struggles to find words.

Rusty: I'm not sure what you want me to say.

Her eyes get watery.

Rusty: Should I say that I'm not mad? That I'm just disappointed you decided to murder my cousin, filet her, and feed her to me?

She tries her best not to cry. She's silent and reflective.

Rusty: Why would you do this?

Amanda: Jealousy, I guess. I can't stand the thought of you with another girl.

Rusty kneels down.

Rusty: Amanda, look at me. You murdered my cousin because I had sex with her at the wedding. You got jealous and did something stupid, believe me I get that part. More than you know... But, when the fuck did you decide you were gonna eat her? And when did you decide you were gonna feed her to me?

Amanda: Curiosity? I figured we could try it together. It was almost animal instinct. It was like I hunted her, so my instinct was to eat her. Is that weird?

Rusty stands up, puts his hand over his face and shakes his head.

Rusty: I don't know what's weird anymore.

Rusty closes the cooler and takes a minute to think. He hits the blunt then hands it to her. He pulls up a chair next to Amanda. They pass the blunt back a forth a couple times.

Rusty: (Laughs) I knew you couldn't be a normal person. We get along too well for you to be normal. We're like two mental patients set loose on the world.

Amanda: You're a better person than me. I'm feel like a monster.

Rusty: Monster? I'll admit the cannibalism is a little... let's call it "ballsy". I mean, honestly I've always wondered what human meat tastes like. But as for murder, if you wanna compare numbers, I've got you beat by a baker's dozen.

She looks over curiously.

Rusty: I killed Dustin.

She stares down at the ground for a minute then looks up at Rusty.

Rusty: It was an accident. I hit his motorcycle with Alex's car and he crashed.

She looks back at the ground and hits the blunt.

Rusty: I kidnapped Hunter and beat his brains out with a bat. In my garage. I also paid a child prostitute and her pimp father to frame Christian for pedophilia.

She stares at his face and he tries to read hers.

Rusty: I get jealous too. I guess.

She wipes her tears.

Amanda: You really killed them?

Rusty: I kinda killed the fuck out of those two. Way worse than everyone else I've killed. It never really crossed my mind to eat them, though... Plus they didn't look very appetizing after I was done with them.

They stare at each other silently for another minute. Their stares slowly morph into smiles. They erupt into laughter.

They finish the blunt and relax.