S2 Episode 3: Birthday Bloodbath

S2 EPISODE 3: BIRTHDAY BLOODBATH

It's 7 o'clock on the dot, Friday morning. Rusty is riding in the passenger seat of Rebecca's red MINI Cooper. They are on their way back from McDonald's.

Rusty: Why did I listen to you? This is fucking disgusting.

Rebecca: How can you not like it?

Rusty: It said "sausage burrito". I expected there to be some sausage in it.

Rebecca: There is sausage in it.

Rusty: It's like peppered in there. Amongst egg and green pepper. Green pepper in eggs is the worst popular food combination ever.

Rebecca: No way. Pineapple on pizza is the worst.

Rusty is silent for a moment.

Rusty: You think I won't choke no whore?

Rebecca: I would knock you out in one punch. Break your fucking nose.

Rusty: If you're trying to knock me out in one punch, don't go for the nose. Hit me on the tip on the chin. Or on the temple. Those are "the buttons."

Rebecca: Do you want my hash brown?

Rusty: No. I lost my appetite.

Rusty rolls down and throws the burrito out the window. They drive by Riverside High School. There are multiple news station trucks parked outside.

Rebecca: Oh yeah. Another girl was stabbed last night in her home.

Rusty: Really?

Rebecca: Yeah, a bunch of people posted about it on Facebook.

Rusty: Why do serial killers always target high school kids?

Rebecca: Ugh, because they're insufferable. They have no respect for their elders. They're the worst kind of human beings.

Rusty: I think it's more because they're the easiest to kill. They don't fight back.

Rebecca: That's probably true too.

Rusty: Thanks for buying breakfast. I'll get the next one.

Rebecca: That's what you say every time. It's okay. I don't mind balling out on you. You're my...

The car slams into a Buick that slowly ran a stop sign. The Buick slides away. Rebecca hits the breaks. They both take a breath and let the ringing leave their ears.

Rebecca: Are you okay?

Rusty: I jammed my finger on the dashboard.

Rusty pulls his finger and the knuckle cracks.

Rusty: Ah, there we go. All better.

Rebecca: She just ran the fucking stop sign.

Rebecca gets out of the car. The other driver gets out of her car at the same time. It is a very old woman, holding the bleeding cut over her eye. Rusty follows Rebecca out of the car.

Old Woman: Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness.

Rusty whispers to Rebecca.

Rusty: Ah God. There's no way she can see at her age. I feel bad.

Rebecca looks at her car. There is minimal damage.

Old Woman: I'm so sorry. Are you okay?