S3 Episode 3: Rigor Mortis Rock

S3 EPISODE 3: RIGOR MORTIS ROCK

Rusty and Alex step off a private jet onto the tarmac. Two men are waiting for them thirty yards away. One, an American black man wearing dark aviators, a black polo, and a sidearm tucked into his cargo pants, he's American. The other man is wearing a beret and a military uniform. As they approach, the American extends his hand.

American: Wolfman?

Rusty shakes his hand.

Rusty: Yes sir.

He points to Alex.

American: Who the fuck is this?

Alex: Baby Ape, sir.

Alex extends his hand. The American ignores it.

American: This was supposed to be a solo mission. Why'd they send me two of you? We don't need the extra attention.

Rusty: It's okay sir, he's gonna be my assist for this contract. He may be simple but he listens well. Like a bloodhound.

Alex: I'm smarter than you. You went to college for four years and don't even have your Associates.

Rusty: College is a scam. And knowing that makes me smarter.

Alex: How is college a scam? Because it gives you a degree, which gives you a good job?

Rusty: You pay all that money in tuition, you buy all your own books, all your own supplies, pay to be in a fraternity, what exactly does the college pay for? A pretty campus?

American: Cut your shit gentlemen. This is your briefing, required for all International missions. You will call me KD. This is your escort, Raz.

Rusty: Hey.

Raz nods.

KD: Gentlemen, you have just landed in a private airport outside of Cairo. You will be escorted to the heart of the city, where you'll find the lab of Dr. Elias Fischer. That is your target. You are not permitted access to the lab, which is while you'll use this.

KD hands Rusty a rolled up clasp envelope.

Alex: What is it?

KD: It's a couple thousand dollars in Egyptian pounds. This isn't America. You can bribe your way in and out of almost anything here. Use it wisely. You drop a couple of these on the receptionist's desk, now you have access to the lab.

Rusty: Awesome.

KD: Dr. Fischer is working on something extremely dangerous to the Egyptian population. We're not entirely sure, but our source says it could potentially affect the entire Eastern Hemisphere. You are not to touch anything in that lab. You close the contract, then evacuate. Got it?

Rusty: Got it.

Alex: Got it.

He takes a step closer to Rusty and looks directly into his eyes.

KD: I'm talking to you. Close the contract, then evacuate.

Raz drives the van away from the airport and heads towards the city.

Rusty: Why did he have to single me out on that?

Raz: You come across as the dumber one.

Alex: Told you.

Rusty: Wow, thanks man. British or Australian? I'm hearing more British.