Chapter 109: The Aftermath

(Aaron's POV)

I feel so guilty at what I just did. The doppelgänger trio took Aphmau away. I tried to rush over to her but my sister and Zane held me back. I cried out for her but they wouldn't let me near her. I hope she recovers soon...

~~1 Week Later...~~

A week as passed and I've hardly gotten any sleep. I've had so many nightmares about Aphmau dying right in front of me and I was responsible for it.

The doppelgänger trio decided spread the world of Shad's defeat. Other Aphmau and Other Aaron rebuilt the village together and Other Aaron got a chance to meet his daughters.

Other Garroth became leader of the guards. Other Lucinda started her witchcraft shop in the village. Dante and Other Kawaii~Chan resumed their normal lives with their two kids, Dmitri and Nekoette. Laurence got sentenced to prison for trying to kill us, and Emmalyn started up her own library.

Zane and Kawaii~Chan stayed close together, Lucinda and Melissa helped out the village a bit. Dottie and Daniel became the new alphas of the wolf pups. Rylan became omega of the wolf pups. Ein and Maria became a couple and became the betas of the wolf pups. Kim and Garroth helped out the village too.

Erika gave me therapy sessions every day to make sure if I was healthy mentally and emotionally. Aphmau.... is still unconscious. She passed out due to blood loss.

Right now I'm in Other Aphmau's home with Erika. She and I were on separate couches. She was in front of me and I looked at her with concern.

"How have you been feeling?" Erika asked.

I didn't respond. She could tell I haven't gotten any sleep due to my baggy eyes. I looked down.

"I'm.... fine...." I replied.

"You still look stressed out about what happened." Erika said.

I left her silent for a moment.

"Uh..." I mumbled.

Her ears flopped down and she gives me a concerned expression.

"Did you have another nightmare?" She asked.

I couldn't say no to her. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Aaron, Other Lucinda told me she'd be waking up by now. And.... after that, we'll be able to go back home. Back to Lovers Lane where you belong. And I.... I'll probably just run away.... and never come back." Erika said.

I get up and hug her.

"No. You can stay. After all, your wish was to be with your son again. Right?" I asked.

She was silent. Erika hugged me back.

"Yes." Erika replied.

"I could get used to having a half-mom-in-law." I said.

I was right. I lost my mom thanks to Michael. And yet, Sylvanna doesn't really trust me. But I could use another mom-in-law. And yet I already hate Zack so... yeah.

"Okay." Erika said softly.

Her ears and tail perked back up.