Those That Can Play {Mozart x Reader}

Requested by  whydoievenexistt :)

First time writing Mozart so hopefully he's not OOC! I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

The room was painted in a bright gold colour, the fancy chandeliers that hung from above giving the whole ballroom a beautiful, shiny look to it.

Though to one man, the lights were nothing more than an annoyance, the luminous objects only serving to worsen his growing headache. In all honesty, Mozart didn't even want to be here, though since the host was another friend of Le Comte's, he ended up going.

Thank god he wasn't asked to play at this High Society Ball or else he would've probably lost his mind by now.

And, of course, (Y/N) was accompanying him, never once leaving his side for more than a few moments throughout the entire night. Mozart won't admit it out right, but he's incredibly thankful that she agreed to come along with him. Especially now with his current predicament.

"Are you sure you don't want any water Wolf? It could help with your headache..." (Y/N) triple checked one last time before the two left the venue. Violet eyes met (e/c) ones, his pure white hair bouncing a little as he gave a quick nod towards her.

"I'm sure. All I want is to go back home." (Y/N) smiled up at him, her hold around his arm tightening ever so slightly in a reassuring way. Mozart couldn't tell if her bright smile was agitating his headache or easing it.

Just steps away from the door, an older looking gentlemen stopped the couple, an urgent expression on his face.

"Pardon Monsieur, Mademoiselle, but I seem to have a bit of a problem..." Mozart internally groaned, unhappy that it would now take longer to get home.

Before either him or (Y/N) could say anything, the man continued, "you see, our pianist that was suppose to play this evening had fallen ill. We have another gentleman that is to play after him but he has yet to arrive."

As soon as the words left his lips the duo knew what he was going to ask.

"But seeing as you are here Monsieur Wolfram I was wondering if you could substitute for a moment, just until our second pianist arrives?" (Y/N) watched as her lover was about to snap at the male, plenty aware that he wouldn't be able to keep up a polite front for much longer. So she did the first and only thing that she thought of.

"Unfortunately my lover is feeling under the weather as well, but I would be more than happy to play." Lavender eyes shot a mild glare at her, the first part causing embarrassment to blossom within him - the whole world doesn't need to know he doesn't feel well. Then the words she said after registered in his brain.

She... can play?

"Oh thank you kind Mademoiselle! Please, follow me!" Practically being dragged away, Mozart had no choice but to follow after them.

~

The lesser vampire found himself stood at the front of the crowd, just as drawn into the music as the rest of the aristocrats around him were. From the way that his dearest moves minimally with the music, to the way her fingers danced across the piano keys, he was enthralled.

Is this how she feels when she listens to him play? Is this what (Y/N) means when she tells him his music makes her feel light? This warmth that seems to envelop his heart like a blanket, does she feel it too? Does she see him as he sees her now - an ethereal figure that's bathed in a golden glow by the lights surrounding them? A person that creates melodies that are oh-so angelic to the ears and soul?

It was almost like Mozart was in a daze, but at the same time he was able to drink in every note that (Y/N) played, every emotion that she poured into the piece.

When the last key echoed throughout the room many clapped, even himself. He watched her in a new light as she stood from the bench, bowed and made her way up to him, a sheepish smile on her face.

"You never told me you could play." Mozart whispered in her ear, (Y/N)'s arm wrapping around his once more. An airy giggle left her.

"Why? Was I bad?" she asked him, a teasing tone obvious in her voice. Mozart's cheeks dusted a light pink shade and he looked away from her, scoffing.

"I never said that..." Despite being a tad flustered, the smallest of smiles sprouted on his lips. "But you'll have to tell me all about it when we get home, I want to know everything."

Another giggle, "Alright, I promise I will."

"Good" he nodded, making his way out the door again, (Y/N) at his side. The pair climbed into a carriage, the 19th century 'vehicle' rocking to life with a quick whip of the reins as the horses started a steady pace.

"I can tell you one thing though," she spoke quietly, leaning against his shoulder, "I started playing after I heard this amazing pianist by the name of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart... he inspired me to create music that was so beautiful that it moved hearts - like his did for mine..." Lavender eyes widened at the confession, taken aback that (in some way) he was the reason that the love of his life played the piano.

And as the carriage that was taking them back home kept moving, moonlight filtering in through the small window, the thought settled within his mind, making some form of pride blossom within his chest.

One day, he would defiantly have to get her to play for him - a private performance just for his ears only. People may have heard her play tonight, but they'd only get to hear it once. Mozart gets to hear it as much as he wants.

Just the idea of it all makes the smile on his lips grow a little more.