A Stranger's Party {Isaac x Reader}

Prompt: A party at a stranger's house. A night of barhopping led here and the world had started tilting on its own hours ago. There is a constant tickle on the back of their neck. Their heart beats speed up.

Fandom: Ikemen Vampire // Modern!AU

Pairing/Characters: Isaac Newton x Reader // Mentions of some of the other guys

Summary: Isaac has a moment with his crush and at an all Hallows Eve dorm party of all places.

Warning(s): Couple swear words, alcohol

Note: Day 30 of Creatober (hosted by @givethispromptatry over on Tumblr)

~

The walls thrummed with the pounding music that played from surrounding stereos, the vibrations against her back strangely comforting. The lights that swirled around the party room mixed and blurred and the world looked and felt like it was tilted to the right. People passed by her, most in pairs or groups of their friends, along with the odd loner, those by themselves and looking for a means of entertainment.

A little like her.

The night started out mundane, like many previous nights before. She'd leave to return back to her dorm room, work on any class assignments but ultimately receive a text from either Theo, Arthur or both, begging for her to come out for a drink out in the city. She'd refuse but ultimately get roped in, the promise of drinks being on them too much to pass up.

Late in the night, somewhere between shots, endless rants about life and work, plus the boisterous laughs and the three somehow stumbled their way into a nearby party. The usual bar they frequented wasn't too far from the residential area, so it wasn't really that difficult to get where they were now. Still, it was a little surprising to be in one loud place and then another of equal volume.

Taking a breath in the smell of humidity and booze filled her nostrils, but maybe that was just her she was smelling. A cold trickle of sweat ran down her neck, the coolness a stark contrast to the heat her skin gave off.

Amongst the mass of bodies she could barely make out her flirt of a friend, Arthur, over on the other side of the room, two women sliding up on either side of him. A ways away from him stood Theo, who also had a girl hanging off his arm, only he didn't seem to enjoy the attention unlike the recently turned English major student.

The music might have drowned it out, but (Y/N) couldn't help but scoff at the familiar happenings.

(E/C) eyes wandered around listlessly, searching for something that would spark her interest. The drinks table came into view, the thought of alcohol reminding her of the already present headache from all the other drinks she had earlier.

'What the hell... why not. I'm already in deep'

The trek to the refreshments was a perilous one, (Y/N) having nearly fallen more times than she'd like to admit and she found herself sighing in relief when she finally made it. Filling the cliché red cup (- you've seen the movies) of whatever punch caught her attention, she took a hefty sip as her eyes roamed the room some more. That's when they landed on him.

A sense of excitement spiked through her as she grabbed and filled yet another cup, striding over to a spot where the lights don't quite reach and to someone leaning quietly against the wall. He was staring off into the crowd so he didn't see her walk up, leading him to nearly jump out of his skin when she spoke up.

"Isaac right? From physics?" she asked, and the question as well caught him off guard, eyes wide as he looked behind him then back at her.

"Are you talking to me?"