My Lunar Lover {Isaac x MC/Reader}

Requested by decora-peaches on Tumblr:

could i request a scenario with issac x an astronaut mc??

idk i think it'd be really cute and they could bond over their love of space together 🥰

Warning(s): None

~~~

You'd made a singular comment, an off handed one at that, about how you've set foot on the moon back in your time. You and Isaac were out on a stargazing date set in the back of Le Comte's mansion by the fountain, his arm wrapped around you and your body pulled flushed to him. The vampire in question had been talking about the phases of the moon; how could such a topic not remind you of the old life and occupation you'd left behind? Not that you regret doing so; you've never been happier than you are now with Isaac by your side.

Yet the confession you spoke in passing caused him to pull away from your shared embrace and go rigid as a board, almost like he's preparing for a blow to the heart; he's waiting for you to laugh and tell him you're joking. You're one of the only people who withheld from poking fun at him (or if you did it was clearly meant to be taken as a jest) so he wants to get his hopes up at your news, put trust in you, but simultaneously he doesn't. Come on, mankind going into space? Walking on the moon? Preposterous! You have to be pulling his leg here!

Cherry blossom coloured eyes searched your own, scanning with a fine tooth comb for those telltale signs of teasing (signs he'd see almost on the daily with a certain troublesome duo) though he'd found none. It hit him in that instant that you were far from lying.

A sort of switch flipped in your boyfriend - he went from skeptical, tense and guarded to showing you the smile he'd only let slip with you, less he got called out by a certain someone, with a spark in his expression. Only when he delved into something he was well informed in did he get like this, so to get the opportunity to hear about the wonders of modern day science, astrology and it's huge advancements would of course fuel his curiosity greatly.

You watched him quietly take in the realization. There was something about that twinkle in his eyes that reminded you of the shining stars above, painting him cute in your eyes. You kept that to yourself though.

Isaac, in the heat of his excitement and desire for more information, grabbed a hold of your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze; he caught himself quickly though and let go, wondering if he'd just been a little too rough with his sudden grab. Aware of how he ticked, you made the move yourself and went for his hand, a silent way to let him know that it was alright. His palm was warm in your own, a pleasant sensation. Isaac's smile widened just a fraction more, whether it was because you're comforting him or he gets to hold your hand at all, who knows, maybe both. The first signs of a light blush growing on his pale cheeks,  his heart refusing to calm down and he uttered a simple question to you, hoping above all else that you'll agree.

"Can you, perhaps... tell me more?"

Already you had the answer in your mind - yes, of course - but you took a moment to study him and his expression. Every time he got like this, so passionate about one of his fields of study, a warm feeling grew in your chest. Seeing him so happy and in his comfort zone made you equally as happy - but the fact that it was about something you yourself loved as well? It's heaven on earth to get to share an interest with someone close to you.

"Of course I'll tell you more, anything you want to know I'll answer the best I can." He gave a final pause, leaving room for you to back out of his soon to be interrogation, but eased into his questions when he saw you weren't moving, something he's thankful for. He'd take this thought to his grave, but Isaac felt overjoyed - dare he describe this feeling as giddy - at the idea of talking with his favorite person about a topic he loved. It was like he got to deepen the connection the both of you had and without fear of you becoming lost in his rapid fire ramblings.

As much as Isaac loves you, for the most part he questioned about the science behind it all (he did still try and squeeze in questions that were specific to you and your experience though). How did you get on the moon? What is it like up there? Why did you decide to take the trip?

You explained to the best of your abilities all that you knew, many times fighting to hold in your laughs at the slight twitches and incredulous faces he tried to hide when you told him something particularly interesting, funny, or stupid that people say in the 21st century.

Slowly the Q&A naturally dwindled down and the two of you went back to looking at the stars, shifting the topic from the moon to going back and forth between each other as you pointed out constellations and groups of stars; telling about their stories and origins. The excitement never left either of you though, enthusiasm still seeped through in your actions and speech as you both pointed high into the inky night.

Your boyfriend's smile never left his face either, and you're sure this is the longest that he's ever had it on. It seems you've made a little world with just the two of you, a space where he didn't have to restrain himself.

"Thank you..." Isaac whispered all of a sudden, turning away from the sky to face you, the light from the moon catching his eyes, making them dazzle in such a beautiful way.

"For what?"

"For indulging me in my interests and...." he hesitated for a moment, that adorable blush from earlier coming back, the pink hue barely visible in the dark but still possible to see if you stared enough, "... and for letting me know a little more about you."

"We can do it again if you want, I'm sure I wasn't able to cover everything I know," you smiled, hoping he'd take the bait; anything to spend this kind of special time together again, a time that only two space loving lovers could share.

Isaac, with a rush of confidence, scooted closer to you, coming to rest his forehead against yours.

"I'd... like that very much..."

"Then it's a date!" you laughed, placing a feather light peck on his free-for-the-taking lips.

God, if only you knew how much Isaac loves you and all that you are. He couldn't ask for someone more perfect for him than you. From personality to passions, you are the one for him. His lunar lover.