Ch. 4

(Y/n) POV

Suddenly a storm was brewing above us. We looked up and before we knew it we were in bonds made if lightning.

I looked at them wrapped lightning boredly. 'dont break out yet' meli told me in our bond. I nodded towards him. We then heard armored footsteps coming towards us and a man with light pink hair and blue was looking at us coldly.

'No way' 'what? what is it?' 'you mean you don't recognize him its little Gil' 'wow he grew' 'yes he did into a very handsome man' meli looked at me and scowled.

'you're the only one for me Gil is just...a sweet pumpkin' i said reassuring him. "Deadly sins we finally meet" he says walking up to us.

"Gilthunder is that you?" Elizabeth asks. Meli looks at her "you know this guy" "yes hes a holy knight who was my fathers attendant and the son of Grandmaster Zaratras ive know him since we were kids" she finished.

"Ahh little Gil" "you know him" elizabeth asked meli. "Yeah we used to give him lessons a few times when we were at the palace though he did always like when (Y/n) taught him better than when I did look at how you've grown". Gil looks around to the side of Meli as he spots me his eyes softened.

"Hey sweetie" I say to him smiling. Though no emotion was shown on his face a light pink tint dusted his cheeks. 'Still got that crush on me I see' '(Y/n)' he said in a warning tone. I just giggled and focused on the situation.

"It has been 10 years since I last saw you" Meli states. "Instead of spending your time prattling prehaps you should spend it thinking about how you're going to escape those bonds" he says coldly.

"This lightning" Hawk started "Yeah when someone blocked up Vanya's water supply and tried to blow down the village that was you both time wasnt it?" meli asks.

"Thats crazy talk, Sir Meliodas you're wrong! He would never..." she looked at Gilthunder his hard cold eyes gazing at her. It looked like he was telling her to shut the hell up. I laughed to myself.

Diane started grunting "These can't hold me" she tried breaking out of her bonds not using her full strength. "Diane don't bother" "Captain" she whined. Gilthunder was now behind meli and I with his sword between us "Do you know why the holy knights are after the heads of the Eight Deadly Sins" he asks. "Not really" meli said unaffected.

"One half wants the death of those who planned to overthrow the kingdom. The other half want to go up against the former legends to prove their own strength" "Which half are you in" I ask him. "Both. No I want more" he says bringing the sword closer to my neck.

I can feel Meli's anger rising 'Hes not going to do anything to me' I say trying to assure him that no harm will come to me.

"I want revenge for my father, Zaratas, The Holy Knight Grandmaster" meli hums in understanding "so what im getting at is you think im the man who murdered your father?" "You claim different?" "Beats me" Meli then went on to tell about what he remembers from that day 10 years ago.

"The last thing I remember was someone saying "Captain (Y/n) Im sorry" and then I blacked out and woke up somewhere unknown with (Y/n) to see a talking pig" he finished. "Sounds about right" I added.

"So it wasnt you" elizabeth started "that killed the grandmaster" "What difference does it make" gilthunder cut in. " A traitorous has order that plotted to other throw the kingdom thats what you people are" he states moving the blade a little too close for comfort meaning its on my skin. "Oi Gil I dont mind if you take your anger out on me but please remove your sword from my wifes neck" he demanded his tone almost threatning.

Elizabeth starts to protest about how Gil shouldnt be doing this. He turns to her with a cold glare in his face "Elizabeth. The kingdoms top priority is taking you into protective custody but that is of no intrest to me". This is starting to get boring.

He turns to face her and releases her bonds. "Go away my business is with the sins" She runs in front of us telling Gil that she wont let him hurt us.

'She does realize shes useless right?' 'Not the time (Y/n)' he told me. I roll my eyes 'you're not wrong though' I smirk.

Gilthunder kicks hawk making Elizabeth run after him "Now we wont be interrupted" he turns back around. Thank you Gil for sending her away. "Are you sure about this you were never able to beat us in the past" Meli says "That was then this is now I am now more powerful than any of the eight deadly sins" "Maybe you are maybe your not" I chime in.

"In that case Ill release your bonds" "No need" I told him as we all broke out of our bonds effortlessly "We couldve escaped whenever we felt like it" i finish.

"And if I felt like it I couldve annihilated you along with this entire forest" "Doubt that" meli interrupts. "Diane (Y/n) don't interfere" I groaned at went up to him and kissed his cheek. I looked at Gil and blew a kiss with a wink (the cringe!).

His face blushed 50 shades of red but kept that same scowl. I chucked and went to sit on dianes knee talking to her and catching up as the boys fought. Meli was on the ground was on the ground with a deep slash in hid shoulder. My attention on him fully ready to jump in.

'Stay there' 'But' 'Trust me'  I let out a sigh and stayed put. "Any last words" "The other sins? Where are they" he asked "Very well the Fox Sin of Greed is being held at Baste Prison and the Grizzly Sin of Sloth has already perished and now resides in Necropolis" he spoke.

Meliodas jumped up thanking the man with a smile. 'You got injured for that' 'hey we got answers didnt we' I scoff at his stupidness.

"Ahh i see you deliberately took my blow to find out where the rest of you comrades are" "Lets pick this up later" "I think not" Gil then starts attacking Meli leading him towards us.

"This is goodbye" "Catch ya later" Meli says waving his hand. Diane picks him now standing. "You heard Captain" "Unhand me" Gil trys shocking Diane but it doesnt work. "Didnt I teach you long ago that girls hate guys who shock them" She throws him hard him disappearing to who knows where.

I look at Meli worry in my eyes "im taking it" i say "no you're not" he says sternly. We hear footprints come towards us we look back and see Hawk and Elizabeth "Are you guys alright" she asked out of breath.

"Where'd that swine go" Hawk says very upset "Arent you the swine" Meli and I say in sync.

"Who smells good" Diane states drooling. "Diane" i warn she pouts "I know hes not for eating".

"Sir Meliodas you're hurt" she runs up to him "Oh this is nothing" he reassures her. Nothing my ass im taking it. "Stop being so clingy with the captain he already has a wife and a right hand woman and those jobs belong to (Y/n) and me" she yells.

Diane I love you while shes still yelling I take this time to kiss Meli forcefully hes shocked at first but slowly melts into it until he realizes what im doing and pushes me away seeing the cut now on me rather than him.

I breathe heavily panting with my hands on my knees "(Y/n) I said no why would you do that!" he runs over to me rubbing my back. I catch my breath

Meliodas POV

"Because I would rather I be hurt than you" she tells me. I give her a stern look "look you know I can take the damage so whats the big deal" she crosses her arms. Whats the big deal? WHATS THE BIG DEAL!

"The big deal is you're my wife and I dont like seeing you hurt it pains me physically and emotionally" i tell her. She has a shocked look on her face. She walks up to me and hugs me "ill be fine i promise" she whispers in my ear.

I let out a sigh none of my worry disappearing. We make it back to the tavern and (Y/n) says she going to take a nap I nod to her. 'Meli' she says weakly and I sprint to our bedroom to see her passed out of the floor fear flooding into me as I pick her up and bolt outside.

___________________________________
Hope you enjoyed👍🏽