Page 24 - Come Here and Own Us

Page 24 – Come Here and Own Us

~~~~~

“I…I don’t k-know.”

Hurt crossed Chill's face. Even the four touching me have paused their ministrations.

I don’t want them hurt. Especially hurt by me.

“I better reword that question. Can you imagine a life without all of us in it?”

Buhay na wala silang lima. Siguro if they asked me weeks ago, I will immediately answer yes. But even I myself was surprised na hindi na 'yon ang sagot ko.

Sure. They make my life really complicated, but I already got used to them. Like that kind of living is my normal already.

They are far from perfect, but I can see that they are trying to be better for me. I can think of no one who will do that willingly except my closest friend and family.

I tried to imagine ending up with only one of them and I couldn’t. Well 'di ko rin naman maimagine na I’m ending up with all of them. But the latter at least doesn’t make my heart ache.
I can’t bear the thought na dahil hindi sila napili, mawawalan sila ng mana. Inheritance which is rightfully theirs. I also can’t imagine myself hurting anyone of my boys because I did not choose them.

My boys.

Shit. Since when?

I never thought of this possibility, really thought of it, until Chill brought it up. I don’t know when it happened.

When did I start treating them, all of them, as mine?

“I’m not being manipulative but just want to let you know if you choose the five of us to be yours, no one loses.”

“You mean lahat ay may mana?”

“That’s a part of it. But the one that tops it all is…no one loses you, Zony Evviola.”

“We realized it, Zony.” – Ethan

“They need to almost bump my head to a brick wall so that I realize it too.” – Lantern

“I thought I will never care as much as I care for you.” – Haenan

“But we all came up with one conclusion, we don’t want to lose you, Zony.”- Airen

“And it might not be that obvious but we’re best friends. All five of us. We don’t want to hurt each other by taking you away. Will you accept us, Zony?” tanong ni Chill.

I stared dumbly at them. What they’re proposing…me with the five of them, sharing, that…sounds really impossible. And scary.

I’m scared of what other people will think. Society has been my greatest enemy kahit noong hindi ko pa sila kilala.

I’m also scared for us. An official relationship with all of them. I couldn’t help but think of the things that could go wrong.

The only relief is knowing my best friend, full support 'yun for sure. Because he'll see it. Ariele MacArthur will definitely see that we all care for each other. Deeply. I don’t know yet if this is love, but what we feel for each other is definitely beyond friendship.

I think my brain just short circuited because I ended up laughing and crying so hard at the same time na parang naloloka.

Susme nakakaloka naman talaga!
They stopped touching me, possibly sensing that I am at my limits. And someone comment,

“Hala, we broke her! Nababaliw na si Zony!”

“Maybe we should have approached her differently about this?”

“Told you she wouldn’t take this lightly.”

“Can’t blame her. Even when you opened this topic to me, I reacted poorly.”

“I won’t forget. My stomach is still hurting from where you punch me.”
“Anyway, let’s give her time guys. Until she calm down.”

Patuloy lang ako sa tawa-iyak na nagaganap, at salamat naman, dahil after ilang minuto, I finally calmed down and my head is a bit clearer.

“Gomen ne..” I said.

“Damn, that proposition struck her so bad she's already speaking Japanese.” komento ni Airen.

Wait! Nag Japanese ako?!
“I mean sorry! Sorry! That was a lot to take!”

“We understand, babe.” sagot ni Hae.

“I…I can relate to what you’re trying to tell me but…but..I..”

“You can’t give us an answer right now?” tapos ni Chill.

“Y-Yes. Sorry.”

“Don’t apologize, Zony. Take your time. And while we wait for your answer, we'll prove how much you mean to us. It's my week, remember? Have dinner with me?” tanong ni Ethan.

I was able to breathe properly. Buti hindi sila nagpumilit.

“Sure, Ethan.”

People might think I will crave to distance myself from them but after everything I’m feeling the opposite.
I never thought that I will be wanted. Wanted so much that it goes beyond what most will consider normal.

“We’re here, Zony. We’re here for you no matter what.” sabi ni Chill.

“I know.”

We started from a rocky path but now I can feel the road smoothens, leading me somewhere.

A place I was unconsciously searching for.