Chapter 10: There are many reasons to regret losing that battle

(Y/n) (l/n) ~

I can't believe I actually lost to Shu.

Defeated in the battle, eliminated from the tournament and in the end, nothing is left in my hands. All my efforts went to waste. Maybe I actually underestimated Shu while he was stronger than I thought.

But nevermind. We still got the Regionals, huh? There will be four winners in total; one from each block, so my chances of reaching the Nationals will be four times more. Now let's just hope that I get an invitation.

I walked into the bladers' waiting room where I'm supposed to meet the others. Wait, why am I here again?

Oh yeah, because Valt told me to "Watch the battle because it would be awesomeee!!" and he wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed.

I had fifty-three missed calls from Aoi, before I finally accepted it and told him that 'I'll think about it.' Then Valt spammed my phone with weird, countless messages and pictures. One photo was of a cow eating its food. One was of acacia trees and alfalfa grass. Another one was of seahorses (they were cute, just like Valt). One picture was even of cockroaches, and Valt typed with it, 'Aren't they cute?'

Oh, and the messages. They were completely weird and random. Let me see...

VICTORY VALT

(Y/nnnnnn) pls come to watch my battle
I promise I'll give you a new band to pay for the one I lost that day

Pleeeeaaaaseeeee–

♤♡◇♧
What are these symbols btw? I found them in my phone

Vwiwkdnwsqnbdeyghjs??

I'll reward you with a beybread!!!!

Ok, a big beybread–
Please?

Ya like the smell of olives?

Fine, a mega beybread

Mega big beybread?

$%^#₩&=/_÷¥×+£€%{■°☆¤¤>!

Anything else you want?

Show some mercy!
My fingers are aching from typing so much–

---------------

Yes, these kind of messages. And these weren't just it. There were two hundred forty-seven of them. When I opened my phone, the first thing I felt was confusion. I actually thought Valt was having panic attacks and now he can't stop typing. Can you believe him?

That's Valt Aoi for ya.

"HEY, (Y/N)! YOU ACTUALLY CAME!!" Valt screamed as soon as I got inside.

"I'm only here to kill you," I replied honestly. His smile vanished.

"What did you do this time?" Shu asked Valt.

"Uhh, I may or may not have spammed her phone with phone calls and, um, messages," Valt said innocently then gave him a grin.

"So...how're you doing, (Y/n)?" Rantaro asked sheepishly.