Chapter 7

Similar thoughts, similar moods. It was a beautiful morning. The jungle hummed and buzzed with life. Small Hummingbirds were flying around, dipping their long beaks into the calyxes to feast on the sweet nectar.

Taiga had no glimpse for their beauty left. He stomped with an angry face forward, not looking right nor left. On his back, the basket of fish was swaying dangerously back and forth.

Not far behind him walked Daiki with a similar expression.

The argument happened early in the morning. The redhead had demanded that they stay longer in the cavern, to let the wound heal more. Daiki wanted to get moving because his clan awaited his return. After a lot of screaming and almost a fistfight, they were now back where they left off, before the panther attack.

Taiga in front, Daiki after him with the hothead's spear clutched in his fist.

How he hated it. He hadn't want to resort to violence, but the stupid Kagami guy left him no other choice.

'Yeah, right!'

Daiki sighed. There was another choice, but he couldn't bring himself to let the red-haired man go. And now he had it. Silent treatment.

They were already walking for four and a half hours and the redhead hadn't spoken one word with him. Nothing worked. Not his sorry excuses, his attempt to be friendly, and not even his mocking attitude. He was at his wits end.

Normally the hothead would have exploded by now. But he walked steadily in front of him, not once looking back, like a bucky ox.

If Daiki wouldn't pay attention and tell him where he should go in time, the pig head would probably roll hotfoot through the middle of the forest.

After another thirty minutes of silence, he had enough.

"Oi, stop. We're taking a break here." Daiki called out and dropped himself on a fallen tree trunk.

He looked for the other male and grunted angrily, as he saw that he wasn't coming back. Instead, the redhead had sat down where he stood and showed him his back. "Tsk. Throw me at least something to eat over, if you don't want to sit with me. Why can't you stop behaving like a mother hen around me? I said, I'm fine. Goddammit. You have no need to worry!"

"If you would stop behaving like the biggest child in history and do as I said, I wouldn't need to go out of my way. I only wanted to stay one day longer, but noooooo Mr. It's-only-a-scratch, knows everything better. Don't think, I will nurse you back to life again if your fever returns." The redhead screamed back with rage and instantly some edible roots came flying, hitting the bluenette right in the face.

"Ouch! What the hell is up with you? Stupid shithead! First, you demand I rest, because I'm injured and now you throw things at me?" Now even the tanned man couldn't stand it anymore.

Daiki grabbed one of the white roots and stormed over to the Kagami's guy, who was standing with clenched fists and blazing red eyes, shooting daggers at him.

He stabbed the tip of the food hard at the redhead's chest. "Stop provoking me all the time! You ..." But his sentence was interrupted by a hand slapping away his own.

"Me provoking you? Don't make me laugh! Who was the one pointing my spear at me? And who is the one mocking me all the time? I should have left you there to die!"

After the last words were spoken the hothead clapped his hand over his mouth and his eyes grew wide. Taiga instantly felt sorry. He hadn't wanted to say that. "I ..."

"Tsk. Fine! I will make sure to die next time." The blue-haired male snarled at him and spun on his heels, so that the redhead wouldn't see the frustration creeping up in his eyes.