Chapter 4

After a tasteless breakfast, what caused Taiga to almost explode again since Daiki wouldn't let him use his spices on it in staged fear he would poison him, they both were now on their way through the jungle.

Daiki had decided to take Taiga with him. His reasoning sounded in his own ears like a lie, but the redhead, after a lot of threats and more cursing at his person, eventually gave in when Daiki pointed the guys' spear at him and barked not so friendly words.

Now Taiga was walking in front. His remonstrance piped down after a while and he now saved his breath for the strenuous way.

Daiki had shouldered the basket and steadily held the redhead's spear in hand. He thought that he didn't really need it, but better safe than sorry.

They had another tasteless meal, this time in silence, when the sun rose to its highest, and the humidity weighed heavily on both males.

For Daiki, there was another horrid torture besides the heavy air. Walking and only watching how little beads of sweat left rivulets down that sun-kissed broad back in front of him and eventually were absorbed in the thin brown loincloth, making it even tighter over the well-formed ass. He saw how those beautiful muscled legs stretched with every step. He had removed the leather ties when they stepped into the jungle and now those well-defined arms could push fern and other bushes out of their way. It was torture, a delicious kind of it. He licked his lips and groaned inwardly, as he adjusted his own clothes new over his incipient hard one.

First, he didn't notice that somehow the jungle had gone quiet. No bird sang and no hum was heard. He stopped in his tracks and listened. Something was wrong here. He looked at the redhead who still was walking steadily forward and opened his mouth to call him back.

But it was already too late.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a huge shadow flying in Taiga's direction. It all happened in the blink of an eye.

Daiki screamed and threw his basket away, as he sprinted over to the redhead who had turned at the noises behind him.

He afterward didn't know how he had managed to get in between the sharp panther claws and the hotheaded idiot. But a crude, burning, gut wrecking pain shot over his back and made him, as impossible as it sounds, smile as he lost his consciousness.

Taiga screamed as he caught Daiki's lifeless body. Shock shot through his own. But he had no time. The predator was already in a position to bounce at him again. Without thinking he grabbed the spear, what somehow was lying at his feet and drilled the blunt end into the ground.

Not a second too late.

A huge black body came flying and the impact of the heavy cat almost broke the spear, as it rammed deep into the predator's heart.

Taiga crawled backward, dragging Daiki with him, as he watched how the light vanished from the panther's eyes.

꧁✿.。.:* ☆:**:..:**:.☆*.:。.✿꧂

A fire was burning, heating the small space and shielded the two men from the heavy cold rain outside. Taiga carefully removed the bandages over the deep scratches on Daiki's back and dabbed with a water-drenched clothes over it, before he applied more of his healing salve. He put the little wood yar down and wrapped it up again. Four days had gone by since the attack of the panther and the blue-haired male hadn't once regained consciousness. Taiga was at his wits end. He didn't know what he could do more. All his wisdom about plants and how to use them seemed in vain.

He put the wood potty to the side and crawled under the two fur blankets, which were covering the still feverish man. He laid to his side and gently brushed a few strands of midnight blue hair out of the guy's face, but no reaction was shown. He sighed, squirmed closer, and loosely draped an arm around the taller man's waist. Maybe if he felt another being present, he would wake up soon.