Chapter 27

Raion looked serious at Teppei. "So, not only is my son with one of the Aomine chieftain's sons missing, but to second that, their chieftain himself is marching against us?" He sighed. "Thank you, Teppei. Now go rest. I will hold an emergency meeting with my men and inform you guys in the morning. The Aomine group can stay here tonight. No use throwing someone out when it's pouring down like this." Teppei bowed relieved that he got away without a scolding, but stopped his attempt to leave the tent when he saw the grieve in the chieftain's remaining eye. "He will be back. Taiga is strong." After he got a curt nod and an almost smile from Raion, he walked back to his own home.

Junpei had meanwhile fallen asleep. He smiled at his sleeping friend and put a blanket over him. "He must have been pretty exhausted after all the commotion." Curling up in his own bed, he shifted a while around until sleep eventually found him in the early morning hours. Beside what someone might think of Teppei's happy-go-lucky attitude, he cared deeply for his friends. And with one gone and the others in danger, he already decided to protect them no matter what.

꧁✿.。.:* ☆:**:..:**:.☆*.:。.✿꧂

"Does this fucking cave has no end? Dammit!" Taiga held the map in front of him, turned it, and gritted his teeth. "I don't even know if we still walk in the right direction."

Daiki had plopped down against the wall of the narrow tunnel and pulled his fingers through his hair. "Stop turning the map or we really will get lost." His voice was as tired as he felt.

"Save your stupid remarks for another time. This is seriously the most fucked up situation I ever was in. It even tops me meeting you." The redhead snarled and turned the map again, not once looking at the taller man.

It was because of that, that he missed the hurt expression on Daiki's face. He was so sorry about his behavior and even more sorry that he indeed was his father's son. Taiga had explained in detail what had happened to him after he got back to his tribe from his unexpected journey and the bluenette had finally understood. Not only his heart was lost in this sudden whirlwind of feelings, no he had also misunderstood everything and acted on his own accord without consulting the redhead before, hurting him deeply with it.

Taiga felt the same about him or had felt. He wasn't sure where he now stood in the redhead's heart. Taiga behaved almost normally around him, but sentences like just now did fall more often and every time his hope that he still had a chance with the redhead, died a bit more. It was a horrible feeling and he wanted to flee from it. Flee from the redhead, this cave, and his own hurting heartstrings.

"I think there is another, bigger grotto further ahead. I guess we should rest there. It has to be pretty late by now." Taiga folded the map and looked prompting at Daiki.

"Yes, yes I'm walking in front." He drawled with a sigh, stood up, and grabbed the torch which laid beside him. Since the horribly stupid incident, the redhead always made sure to stay slightly behind him and never leave him out of his sight.

Little did Taiga understand how much the bluenette regretted the almost rape he nearly committed. He was on caution. His nerves strained to no end. His red eyes never left the broad back in front of him. He wanted to forgive him deep down. But he hadn't let the Aomine's guy speak the words he needed. Hadn't wanted to hear them so shortly after the attack on his body and mind. And for some reason, he couldn't stop his mouth from forming cruel words and throw them at the bluenette whenever he felt like he might give in, trust him again. He hurt himself about the same amount he hurt Daiki with it. Flinched every time he saw the tanned male's pained expression. His own words cut deep into his soul, leaving scars he never wanted to have or inflict.