Chapter 28

It was comfortably warm and something tickled feather-light over the scars on his shoulder blade. Daiki smiled lightly and nuzzled his face further into the crook of the redhead's neck. 'Dreams sure are amazing.' He thought and shifted his head a bit to place a small kiss on the warm skin beneath him.

"Are you awake?" A deep voice rumbled through the chest he was currently lying on. "Mhm~ ..." He purred. His hazy brain slowly caught up to what was happening. Diverting dream and reality, he more felt than heard the snorted chuckle which escaped the redhead's throat.

Snapping his eyes open, Daiki looked up. He couldn't exactly see the red eyes watching him, it was too dark in the grotto. But the solid torso beneath him, the big hand on his back and his leg draped over a strong thigh left no room for imagination who he was lying on. How had it come to this? Had he walked over in the night and done something again? He instantly panicked and wanted to roll away but a soothing hand on his back and long fingers clenched around his wrist held him back. "Stay. It's fine."

Daiki hesitated. Could he really? Was he allowed to touch? Feel the warmth of this special man seeping into him till it reached his hurting soul and heal it? His eyes tried to see the Kagami guy's face through the darkness, but it was in vain.

"It's cold. C'mere." Taiga's voice was quiet and unhurried as he moved his hand behind the bluenette's head and guided him back to rest on his chest again.

Saying nothing they just laid there. Both baffled how naturally this was for them. Putting everything aside hadn't been easy for Taiga but feeling the weight of the bluenette on his body, his heat, and how he slightly shivered when his fingers caressed through the soft mohawk, let him feel to his core that this was right.

"Taiga ..." The bluenette's breath ghosted over sun-kissed skin, indicating that the Aomine's guy wanted to finally tell him something but waited for his approval. "Hm?"

As if his response was the cue everything bubbled out of the taller man. "I'm sorry ... so sorry. I never wanted ... but I couldn't st- ... I mean, I thought you had freaking kissed her and this thing about your marriage ... I'm sorry." The bluenette babbled completely out of character.

"Yeah, jealousy is a cruel bitch." Taiga's mused out. "Hmph... jealousy ..." Daiki wasn't pleased with that but something else was more important now. "Do you forgive me?" He needed to know. Hear it from the redhead's lips. Those words who would give him back his freedom.

"Only you. You're an idiot, hothead, stupid, and a real pain in the ass." Taiga counted on.

"Oi!" A bit of protest rose in Daiki at those insults, but he couldn't deny them completely.

Taiga sighed. "I don't know why-..." Certainly he knew why, but wouldn't say it now. "-but yeah, I forgive you. But you need to promise me to never ever try something like that again. I swear I will butcher you." The last part was a fiery growl and Daiki nodded solemnly. "I promise on every deity you want." His lips accidentally brushed over the skin beneath his cheek and let the slightly shorter male shiver.

"Daiki." The whisper brushed through his hair as he felt a soft kiss placed on his head. The bluenette's fingertips trailed a line over the strong shoulder up to the crook of the redhead's neck. "I want to see you."

Taiga rolled a bit, pushing the Aomine's guy slightly off of him. His hand found the torch from before and he inflamed it anew. They needed to be more careful with using them but currently, their similar wishes outweigh every reason.

Once it was lit, Taiga rolled back to his back and looked up right into midnight-blue eyes hovering over him. He saw his own want and need mirrored in them and his hand naturally came up behind the bluenette's neck and pulled him down into a sensual kiss.