Chapter 24

Daiki stepped nonchalantly out of the bushes. He had observed the redhead for almost two hours in which he tried to calm his upset mind. Now it was enough. He couldn't endure this any longer. Seeing how Taiga paced around almost imprinting a circle into the ground, squatted down clutching at his hair and then leaned against the stone with a worried face, only to start all over again, drove him nuts. He had long waited for this moment and with everything that had happened in between his limits had long since passed.

His predatorily midnight-eyes flitted over the redhead, drank in every detail of his well-toned body. The red-brown paint on the sun-kissed skin showed once again the symbols of the Kagami tribe like the first time he had met him. He heard an audible gulp coming from Taiga's throat and was well aware that he wasn't the only one stripping the other with his eyes.

His wrath restrained as good as he could, he shoved the redhead without a word against the cold stone and slanted his mouth over the astonished open lips. His tongue roughly pressed into the wet cavern, ravaging every centimeter he could reach. Daiki felt strong fingers softly stroking through his mohawk and pressed his body against Taiga's, sweeping his knee between the redhead's legs. He heard his own heart thundering in his chest and if the gasps and the heat of the body, which was shamelessly pressed against his own were any indication, he was not alone with it.

Taiga's eyes were half-lidded and his breathing had labored. The redhead was beside himself and Daiki welcomed it with deepening the hot kiss when Taiga opened his mouth wider to grant him more access. It seemed that the onslaught at his body got the better of the redhead and Daiki was well aware that it was the same for him. Too long had he dreamed and waited for this moment, resisting was futile. But he needed to stop. The need to claim what was his had overwhelmed him, leading to the bruising hot kiss they both shared. But now he needed to get space between them again and so he stepped back, giving the guy air to breathe.

When he had broken the kiss, he let his breath ghost over Taiga's abused lips. "Yo!" His voice was hoarse as he watched the redhead, who tried to find his composure again. "Waited long?", he asked even though he knew how long the other had been already waiting.

Taiga shook his head to first to deny that he had waited, for his own measurement fucking long, and for the second to clear his head. Eventually, he found his voice again. "It's fine. Wasn't that long." He averted his eyes to the ground and breathed fluttery out. Embarrassment over his own reaction seeped suddenly into his mind and he felt his face heating up.

Daiki on the other hand studied the redhead from head to toe and back. The longing for him was still there, he couldn't deny that after what just happened, but his anger and hurt were surfacing again thinking about the woman Taiga had kissed.

"So, what are we supposed to do now? Tetsu told me something about a cave?" In the spur of a moment, the bluenette was all business-like and Taiga felt that something was off, but couldn't grasp what it exactly was. "Uhm, sure. Wait a moment." He rummaged around in his bag and pulled out the ominous map, which showed the way deep into the cave.

"I don't know how accurate this thing is, but we are here-" He pointed on a spot on the map, "-and need to go there to find another exit." His finger trailed over the thin layer of bark. He looked up at the bluenette who stood beside him.

Daiki nodded, not meeting the redhead's eyes or asking questions. "Let's go then." He walked up to the entrance, which was overgrown with lianas, orchids and ivy tendrils and stepped into the semi-darkness of the cave.

Taiga scratched his head quizzically but shrugged, rolled the map together, and followed him through the small hole between the plants. He inflamed a torch and held it up. The flames danced over the broad back of the bluenette and also over the scar, which was left from the panther's claws when he had saved him. "Does it still hurt?" Taiga softly put his fingertips against Daiki's shoulder blade and trailed them lightly over the bright lines. They stood in a heavy contrast to the blue-haired male's dark skin, but it didn't harm his good looks one bit. It only made his appearance more dangerous and desirable for the redhead.