Prologue

He didn't want this. But that didn't matter. It wasn't like anyone had asked his opinion. Because really, that didn't matter either. It wasn't like he actually had any other purpose.

...

Omegas had, right up until a few generations ago, been considered the weaker species. It didn't matter which class of Omega you happened to fall into either. You were weak, and that's all there was to it.

But Alphas seemed to forget the most important function of an Omega. The one thing that only they could provide. Offspring. Collectively pissing them off really hadn't been in their best interest. After all, Alphas needed Omegas to produce more Alphas, but Omegas only needed each other. Sure, all of their children would be Omegas, but it would certainly solve the issue they were having.

It wasn't until the Alpha population began to drastically decline that they realized their mistakes, and by then the world had changed. Alphas were no longer respected and feared simply because they were, apparently, the stronger, better half. No, they actually had to earn those things.

Old power began to die out, and Omegas rose to take their places. Most said it made their world better, made it more peaceful. But there were some stalwart hold outs, just as there was with everything that had come before. Families who somehow managed to keep on producing alphas to keep their bloodlines pure and control of their companies within their own hands.

But they were struggling, and more failed every single day. Lost everything that their predecessors had worked so hard for in devastating total sweeps. And even more were on the brink, barely holding on.

It terrified him to know they close they were to the end. 

...

Once, being born an alpha would have put him directly at the top of the food chain. Not down at the bottom eagerly seeking out the scraps just to survive.

His father's first marriage had produced three children, all girls and all of them omegas. Sure, he could probably have used them as pawns in this wicked game of chess he was currently playing, but they weren't worth much in the grand scheme of things. Their use purely extended to which family he could sell them off to in exchange for the best connections.

And he had. All three of them had been practically auctioned off the moment they all turned nineteen.

His father's second marriage had produced one singular child. A male omega. Which was bad enough in and of it's self. To have it be a useless male omega, not even capable of carrying children? That was just a disgrace.

His third marriage had ended before there had even been a singular chance for children to be made, and he had walked away from it with his pockets considerably lighter and absolutely nothing gained.

Most would, at this point, think that perhaps the problem lie with him. But his father had never once stopped to consider that as a possibility. And why would he? As an Alpha he was perfect.

A fact that was proven by his fourth marriage. Not only had it finally produced not one, but two sons, that were actually worth something. Sure, the eldest was still an omega, but at least he was a pure omega. At least something could be done with him.

It was the youngest, though, who finally fulfilled his biggest wish.

An alpha. A pure male alpha. It was like the heavens had parted and the angels had actually blessed this child.

Growing up, he remembered how well his mother had always been treated. And why shouldn't she be? She had given their family hope. The purest male omega they had ever seen and the handsomest little alpha.

They were going to save them all.