20.0

They were running out of options.

Sitting there in the parking lot, the night silent around them, cool breeze floating in off the water, they tried to weigh what they should do against what they could do.

They had been meant to stay in Busan. It was on the complete other side of the country, a distance that would take literal hours to reach. There was a certain amount of safety that had come along with being so far removed. With no one knowing where they were.

But now everyone knew.

Part of him had wanted to ask Namjoon what he had been thinking. Why he couldn't have given him some kind of warning of what he was about to do. The mess he was going to create. There would be no stopping their mother, no bringing an end to the war she was about to begin. They were about to become nothing more than obstacles standing in her way, pawns that had dared to move out of place upon her chest board. A former queen who hadn't yet realized that she had been dethroned. That the crown no longer belonged to her.

There was nothing that she could do about a child. But a marriage? There were dozens of ways to end one of those. Public be damned. What did it matter what anyone else thought when she was clearly the one who had been wronged? Who had been treated so unjustly. So unfairly.

He trusted Namjoon. He had no other choice. His brother was going to fix this. Was going to make it all okay. Was going to save them.

But he needed time. And that was currently something they had to buy for themselves. They were on their own. With only each only.

Hours into their marriage and already their bond was being tested. Yet there was no one else he would rather have had at his side.

...

"What should we do?" Looking to his alpha for guidance felt natural. Felt like what he had been taught to do his entire life.

Felt wrong. Because his alpha was all of eighteen and he was asking for too much.

They both know what they should do. But what they could was completely different. Neither were probably going to be able to use their credit cards. His had most certainly been shut off by now, and while neither of them thought Jungkook's parents would actually disapprove of what they had done, it could still be used to track them.

So they had what Seokjin had managed to bring. And he was slightly proud of himself for having the foresight to save up so much actual cash.

"That depends. Heard anything from your brother's lately?"

"Not since we hung up with Tae. Have you tried Jimin?"

"Yeah, he's a nervous wreck." Apparently Taehyung was meant to take care of him until Hoseok could get there. But if Seokjin hadn't heard from him, who knew what was actually going on with that. "Your mom wouldn't -"

"Do anything to him?" Neither of them actually needed to finish that sentence. Just like neither of them really needed it to be answered. "Pretty sure he's going to be next on her hit list."

"So where are we gonna land?"

"Honestly? We're probably pretty low at the moment." Namjoon was going to be first. She would attempt to destroy him and more than likely she would fail. Which would mean that Taehyung was the next target. That would more than likely result in a failure too. So she would start going after the weaker points. Jimin, who was clearly the evil mastermind who had woven his dark spells to poison her precious baby into making this mistake. And his alpha brother who had worked the same magic on her beautiful little omega. "I've been thinking though. Maybe you should call your mom."