FIVE

5. and that's all that matter, right?

JO HAD TOLD FLO ALL ABOUT  the 'techniques' she would have to use, and after a few tries of falling down, Flo had perfected it

JO HAD TOLD FLO ALL ABOUT the 'techniques' she would have to use, and after a few tries of falling down, Flo had perfected it. They had agreed on letting Flo do the fainting scene, while Amy would still be playing the rest of the character herself. The door flung open, and Marmee stepped in with a smile on her face, cheerfully shouting.

"Merry Christmas, girls!" all the sisters shrieked and crowded around their mother, hugging and warming her up.

"I'm so glad to see you so happy!"

"Mother! Are you freezing?"

"Come have some tea!"

"Hannah and I made these cakes!"

"We finished sewing!"

"Wait until you see my portrait!"

As Marmee talked, they all followed her into the kitchen, going towards the table.

"Jo, you look tired- were you up again all night writing? Amy, come kiss me! How are my girls?"

"I'm so hungry!"

"I could eat a horse!"

"Stop it, Jo!"

"Meg, look at this breakfast!"

"God, I'm even hungrier now!"

They all sit down, and before they could all dig in, they see the sad expression on Marmee's face.

"What?"

"What happened Marmee?"

"Not far from here lives a poor young woman, Mrs. Hummel. Her five children are in one bed to keep from freezing, and there is nothing to eat. My girls, will you give them your breakfast as a Christmas present?" As soon as Marmee spoke, everyone fell into silence.

"We should, we have each other, and that's all that matter, right?" Flo suggested, no one actually listening to her but she had gained a smile from her mother.

"Is this where you say that Father would want us to?" Beth spoke quietly, and Marmee answered her with a nod.

<|>

THE SISTERS WERE WALKING IN THE white snow when Jo had hitten Amy with a snowball, which causes her to gasp and hide behind Meg, and while Jo was laughing, Flo had seen the opportunity and smashed a snowball on the top of Jo's head, making all of the sisters laugh as none of them acknowledged the boy staring at them through a certain window.