THIRTEEN

13. you're just hurting me, Josephine

AFTER LAURIE AND FLO HAD BEEN 'CAUGHT' BY MEG, they had both been a little distanced

AFTER LAURIE AND FLO HAD BEEN 'CAUGHT' BY MEG, they had both been a little distanced. Flo had explained to her sister about everything, nearly blaming her drunkness on the situation, but Meg simply implied that if they were only sleeping, they wouldn't have been in each other's arms in the morning. After many tries of convincing, Meg had given in, telling them that they were only friends as they had wanted to hear, but making Flo's heartbreak, a little.

After their arrival, they had all decided to visit the beach, on a perfect spring day.

"This is Fred Vaughn, and his sister Kate, and of course you know Mr. Brooke -and this is Meg, Amy, Beth, Flo, and Jo." Laurie pointed at the sisters, Jo stealing Flo's oversized hat and tipping it as Flo punched her side, softly.

"So pleased to meet you," Fred spoke with a British accent, Amy's smile growing a bit more as she spoke.

"Oh, how elegant. Remember the name Amy March! I'm going to come to find you one day in London!" she said, all of a sudden with her extra confidence.

"Oh, I certainly will!"

A badminton game between Fred and Amy on one team and Jo and Laurie on the other team had started, and Beth cheered for both sides, while Flo had started a conversation with Kate.

"How long will you be visiting for?" she asked the girl, who took her eyes off the game to the March girl.

"Flo, right? Probably for a year or so, our father wants us to stay here with him before we go to complete our education..." she spoke with her British accent, smiling at the girl in front of her as they could hear the cheers from the game.

"I would love to design a dress for you, I like this one especially," she motioned to her white and blue striped dress.

"Thank you, love, I got it from-"

"Clinton Bays!" both the girls said, squealing as they giggled.

"Jo, we're about to lose!" Laurie shouted over to Jo, causing the two new friends to see the girl staring at them, before returning to her badminton match.

<|>

AS TIME WENT ON, FLO HAD GAINED ANOTHER FRIEND, and they were now both trying to fly one kite, laughing as the kite fell right back to the floor. Sallie had tried to impress Kate by flirting with Fred, which had left her unbothered. Fred had tried to flirt with Jo, who kicked him, making both the girls laugh even more hysterically, suddenly making Jo even madder as she and Laurie ran into the ocean. While Amy was sitting down and drawing, Mr. Brooke and Meg were flirting with each other, also laughing hysterically.