TEN

10. thank you, Laurie

FLO AND AMY HAD FINISHED THE dress around late at night, and they both didn't get enough sleep

FLO AND AMY HAD FINISHED THE dress around late at night, and they both didn't get enough sleep. Not minding the early hour, they had both went down to a very tense breakfast. Jo's eyes were red and puffy, which showed how she probably cried to herself in the morning.

"Goodmorning..." Flo whispered, sitting down on her seat as Amy sat beside Jo, trying to make peace, but to everyone's surprise, she got up, sitting next to Flo.

Amy looked at Meg, practically asking her what to do as Flo held Jo's hand under the table, trying to keep her calm.

"Good morning ladies! It's brisk and brilliant and I think the last day for the river - get your ice skates!" Laurie had burst into the quiet dining room, making Jo spring up mid-sentence.

"One second! Go down, and I'll be right there!" Jo disappeared, looking for her skates as Laurie smiled at the girls.

"I want to come too! Last time you promised I could go!" Amy whined again, being ignored by everyone as Laurie walked next to Flo.

"You coming?"

"Can't, I have to give this dress to a customer, she's sending a carriage here for me!" she smiled, sipping coffee from the mug Beth had made her.

Jo moved past them, dragging Laurie with her as they raced out the door.

"Is she going to be like this forever?" Amy looked down at her lap, as Beth answered her.

"It was a very hard loss for her..."

"Is there nothing I can do?"

"Go after her," Flo said, watching her two friends skate through a window as Meg continued for her.

"Yes, but don't say anything till Jo has got good-natured with Laurie, then take a quiet minute and just kiss her, or do some kind thing, and I'm sure she'll be friends again."

"Thank you!" Amy said, running to get her skates as she left in a second.

"I'll go get ready, the carriage will be here in an hour or so..." Flo said, getting up from her seat as she walked slowly.

"Can we take a look at the dress?" Beth asked, Meg, nodding with her as Flo smiled at them.

"Of course..."

The three sisters went up to Meg and Flo's room, seeing both the beds made properly as they eyed the room fo the dress.

"You guys really turned that mess into this?" Meg gasped, seeing a gorgeous dress, that looked just a bit puffier than the old one.