TWENTY-ONE

21. stop it!

LAURIE AND FLO HAD BEEN THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS ever since the gallery that had happened half a year ago or more

LAURIE AND FLO HAD BEEN THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS ever since the gallery that had happened half a year ago or more. Laurie had become close with his old friends Fred and Kate once again, and he and Amy were just like sister and brothers, but Flo and he had a special relationship, calling each other best friends but just a little bit of flirting involved with their feelings towards each other, that was sworn to be a 'secret' for them.

Flo had only told Kate and Amy about it, and while they kept on telling her that the guy probably felt the same, Flo disappointedly mentioned that if he did like her, it was because of Jo. Laurie had mentioned Fred about his little secret, not telling anybody else about his admiration for the March girl.

Laurie and Flo were left behind as their other friends had just left, going shopping for Amy and Fred's wedding. While Laurie laid on the grass of Aunt March's community garden, that she shared with the Vaughn's.

"When are you going back to your grandfather?" Flo asked Laurie, Flo was laying in the grass, tanning in the sun as she had her bikini on, they had gone swimming an hour or so ago.

"Very soon..."

"You've said that a dozen times in the past month Laurie!" she laughed, turning around to lay in her tummy as she put her sunglasses down, staring at the boy in his swimsuit.

"Short answers save the trouble!" he shrugged, mocking Flo as he laid down as she used to, acting as if he was tanning.

"You know that he expects you, so why don't you do it?" she asked, moving closer to the boy as she threw on her button-up shirt with dots on it, and go up, pulling her skirt up from her legs as she watched Laurieopen his eyes because of the shadow on him.

"Natural depravity, I suppose."

"Natural indolence, you mean."

"I'll only plague him if I go, so I might as well stay and plague you a little longer, at least you can bear it..." he says, jumping up as he pulls a t-shirt over his head, squeezing Flo's cheeks as she giggles and pushes him away.

"In fact, I think it agrees with you!" he says, tickling the girl as she tried running away, giggling.

"Stop it!"

They end up back on the grass, calmly readying books before Flo catches Laurie staring at her.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking at you..." Flo smiled and tried hard to not blush before she explains.

"No, I mean what do you intend to do?"