SEVEN

7. Amy? Amy! Are you okay?!

FLO HAD BEEN READING BOOKS FROM THE Laurence library, fascinated by how much literature was placed on the shelves

FLO HAD BEEN READING BOOKS FROM THE Laurence library, fascinated by how much literature was placed on the shelves. Laurie had kept on trying to talk to her, but she had found a way to ignore him, letting Mr. Brook at least try to teach him.

Flo was sitting on the couch in front of the desk where Laurie and John were 'working', facing her back towards them. Flo could hear Laurie getting up, but she chose to ignore it until Mr. Brooke spoke once again.

"Sit down. Sit down, Laurie. Latin is a privilege. Please, you have to learn this. I can't afford to lose this position!" Flo turned around, feeling pity for John, while Laurie stood like a statue, looking out the window.

"Laurie just sit down, we can then-"

"There's a girl out there!" he peaked, making the other two confused while Flo got out of her seat, walking towards him.

"No, there is not!"

"Yes! Mr. Brooke, there is a girl!" he rushed over to the window, and yelled out, while Mr. Brooke and Flo stayed where they were.

"Hello there! Are you hurt?"

"I'm Amy!"

Flo rushed over to the window, hearing no one else but her smallest sister, sniffling and yelling.

"Amy? Amy! Are you okay?!" Flo worried, going next to Laurie as her little sister continued sniffling.

"Hello, Amy! I'm Laurie!"

"I know. You brought my sister's back from the dance -I would have never sprained my ankle, I have lovely small feet! Best in the family. But I can never go home again, I'm in such trouble!" she cried, and Flo whispered to Laurie that she would go out there, while she sprinted out of the room.

"Look!" she held up her hand, which was red, and bleeding a little.

"Mr. Davis hit me!"

"Amy, don't worry! Your sister is coming to get you up here, okay?"

"My-my sister?"

"Yes, Flo!"

As Laurie mentioned her name, he saw her running in the snow towards her sister, and as she reached next to where she was, she took her into her arms, giving her a big hug

"Amy, god Amy, what happened to you?" she asked, still kissing her head as Amy was on her knees, making Flo taller than the little girl.