NINE

9.  You!

"JO! JO! WHERE ARE YOU? I CAN'T FIND MY OTHER GLOVE!" Meg shouted up the stairs, the two sisters waiting for Jo

"You can take mine, Meg!" Flo suggested, and ran up to the stairs to their room, grabbing an extra glove as she glanced at the dress that she had sewed for Mrs. Aubrom. She had taken months perfecting it, and she was sure that when she would bring the pink dress to her tomorrow, she would definitely become a daily customer.

She ran out of her room, going back down as she saw her oldest sister in the kitchen, running around.

"Oh, Flo you're here, Jo! We're going to be late!"

"Where are you going?" Amy asked.

"You're not invited!" Flo said, bouncing her leg up and down- a pet peeve of hers, not even wanting to be a minute late. 

"You are going somewhere with Laurie, I know it!"

"Yes, we are, now stop bothering!" Jo entered, saving the other two sisters by trying to put an end to Amy's bickering. 

"Do you have the tickets, Flo?"

"Yes! Hurry up!" she said at her two older sisters, who were still in the kitchen, running around.

"You're going to the theater with Laurie! Meg, please, can I come?"

"I'm sorry dear, but you weren't invited."

"You can't go, Amy, so don't be a baby and whine about it," Flo said, annoyed by her little sister's whining.

" I've been shut up in here and I never get to go anywhere. Beth has her piano but I'm so lonely!"

"I can teach you chords!" Beth suggested, sounding quite excited. 

"I don't want chords, I want to go to the theatre!"

"No! I think you'd hate to poke yourself in where you're not wanted. We already have to deal with dull Mr. Brooke." Jo snapped, walking towards Flo as they sighed.

"I like him, he's kind!"

"Of course you like him!" Flo laughed at herself, as she tried to calm down the stressed sister next to her.

"Can I just come for once?"

"You will not come, end of the conversation!" Jo explained, but Amy continued.