☀️ 22

Chapter Twenty two

"CANCEL the engagement party." Sabi ni Sunshine habang hinihilot ang sentido, nakatingin lang ang mga kaibigan nito sakaniya na parang hindi sang-ayon sa sinabi nito.

It's been a rough week, hindi nila alam kung saan ang binata. They looked for him, even some of the professionals were involved. But they can't even see traces of him anywhere, nawala ito na parang bula. She doesn't feel well these past few days, CR is the room where she go every morning because of vomiting.

"Bakit? Are you giving up?" Tanong ng kaibigang si Killani. "No of course not, I'm cancelling the engagement party because when the time comes that we found Lance. Gusto ko sa simbahan kaagad ang derecho namin." She felt stupid for crying so hard that day, nevertheless she also felt guilty for assuming that fast. The thought of him dead swiftly crossed her mind that time, hindi manlang ito nag-isip ng posible na nangyari.

"Oh, akala ko give up ka na e. Sayang ang lumpia sa reception pag nagkataon." She snickered at Airelle's response, puro lumpia ang iniisip.

"Sayang din ang gin!" Umirap siya sa sinabi ni Gabrielle, pero literal itong naiinis ngayon at hindi niya alam kung bakit.

"Shut up." Nakapikit na saad niya bago sumandal sa upuan.

"You're moody these past few days, okay ka lang?"

"No, sumasakit ang ulo ko." Sagot ni Sunshine sa kaibigang si Gleisey.

"I tracked her location pero kada-punta natin doon ay wala tayong nadadatnan, it means she's the only one who's going from here to God knows where." Napakunot ang noo niya sa sinabi ni Gabrielle.

Akala ba ng taong 'yun na siya ang hinahabol? Feelingera.

"This is her profile incase you're interested." Kaagad niyang kinuha ang folder mula sa kaibigan.

Ang pangalan na nakasulat dun ay Lets hindi niya alam kung matatawa ba ito sa pangalan ng tao, una una ay si Maam Tara noon tapos ngayon Lets na naman. Ano iyon? Kanta? She scanned the culprit's profile and slowly nodded her head for recognizing the woman, Sunshine definitely knows this person.

"She is Lance's secretary, I met her last week I think. We didn't really have a good start, and I'm positive that she has a thing for Lance."

She saw Gleisey grimaced and rolled her eyes as if it was the most disgusting thing she ever heard, knowing her friend; Gleisey has peet peeves with envious people.

"Gosh, enmity is just around the corner. Though it's normal to be inggit but I never expected someone to go this far, a lot of people got hurt because of her doing." Knots formed on Sunshine's forehead.

She's been with the girls for a week yet she only knows a little bit regarding to the incident.

"Are you saying that she's the reason behind all of these?" She asked.

"Merrit Testing Lab is so strict when it comes to combining chemicals, Sunshine. Unwanted explosion probably never crossed their mind, plus I have a CCTV footage of her. Hindi manlang nag-ingat ang gaga." Gabrielle said before showing her the footage.

There in the footage was a girl who's roaming around the building's perimeter, the girl didn't even bother to wear anything to cover her identity. Minutes have passed and she stopped at the back part of the laboratory where cars are parked before putting something, a bomb possibly against  the wall. No doubt that the fire quickly spread, she left after that. Not long after, a wild explosion occurred. The fire started from the back so there's a possibility that most of them got out, but Lance was nowhere to be found.