☀️ 24

Chapter Twenty four

"SINO 'yan?" Tanong ng labing apat na taong gulang si Lance, it's their first day in school and they gathered inside the main theatre for the welcoming program specifically meant for the grade 7 students.

Tahimik lang itong nakaupo habang katabi ang kaibigang si Karl, linibot niya ang tingin at napadako 'yun sa isang babae na tumatawa kasama ang apat na babae; parehong freshmen. It's only their first day in school yet this girl already met new friends, there's something about her that made him stare for a long time.

Her loud laugh sent sparks of joy in his heart instead of feeling annoyed and that intrigues him, on a young age; there's no doubt that this girl is gorgeous. Her tanned skin shines under the striking light, for him; she's the one who stand out the most amongst the crowd.

"Ah, iyan ba? Hindi ko alam e, bakit? Crush mo?" Tinignan niya ng masama ang kaibigan, they're currently in 9th grade.

"Ulol, hindi ako naniniwala sa like at first sight."

Yet his heart tells the opposite one.

HABANG naghahanda para sa English Day Program ay hindi nitong maiwasan na ilibot ang tingin sa paligid, their 1st quarter exam just ended last week and so they're back on track when it comes to activities. He can't point out the person he's looking for, or maybe he's still in denial. After the opening program ended, hindi niya alam kung bakit hindi manlang nito maalis-alis ang babae sa sistema. She kept on hunting him.

"May hinahanap ka ata?" Tanong ni Karl habang nakataas ang kilay, tinignan niya naman 'to ng masama; siguradong mang-aasar na naman.

"Wala." Simple niyang sagot at humarap.

"Si Sunshine ba?" Lance didn't know but his heart reacted violently when he heard that name.

"Sunshine is her name?" The curiosity was visible in the young boy's eyes.

"Sunshine Lindza, don't worry bossing hindi mo naman kailangan i-deny e. Crush mo siya no?"

"No."

He felt disappointed when he didn't see her, even just her shadow.

FOR MONTHS, Lance has been craving for the girl's existence. No doubt that he took a liking towards her, everywhere he goes; Lance can't help but to look around just to look for her. Being in the same building helps a lot but the sad part is.

He sees her, but she doesn't see him.

Maybe she doesn't even know that a guy like him exists, Lance really wanted to introduce himself but because she was still too young; he chose to admire her from afar. Months have passed and his feelings deepened, on those days; he did his best to fight the urge to confess, he tightened the grip he has on his resistance. Every break time, Lance always sit on the furthest table just to witness her bright smile. Every dismissal, he stayed until Sunshine's driver had arrived; Lance didn't care about going home late and the mosquito bites all over his body.

"Mom, crush ko pala. Future daughter in law mo." Proud na sabi nito sabay pakita ng picture ni Sunshine sa ina, napatawa naman ito ng bahagya.

"Nako, lumalaki ka na anak. I can't wait to meet her, she's beautiful." He smiled upon hearing his mother's response.

Indeed, she's beautiful.

Someday, I'll be marrying you. Iyan ang pumasok sa isip niya.

"SUNSHINE Lindza, a certificate for being an outstanding pupil. Awarded as the The high honor with an average of 96."

Time flies so fast, he can't help but to proudly smile from his viewpoint. It's already their recognition day, yet he's still hiding in the dark; away from her sight. Sunshine was an inspiring student, no one reached that high from their batch. She was undoubtedly smart, and he admires her for that. He looked at his cellphone's wallpaper, it was her; candidly laughing while playing volleyball.