♔ | 'they need to know'

long ish chapter ahead

"Jungwoo-oppa! We can't hide it from them forever! We all live in the same house so they're bound to find out at some point. And, we have to somehow tell the company. Isn't it better for them to know first?"

It had been 4 weeks since Jungwoo had asked Mabel to be his girlfriend and 4 weeks since she agreed. They were currently deciding if they should tell their group, or keep it a secret and let them find out they were actually together from their manager or boss.

"How are we going to do it? We can't just walk in and be like 'Hey guys. We're actually dating now'. I know they all already suspect something since that kiss, but wouldn't it be awkward?" Jungwoo retorted to Belle. He didn't sound angry or frustrated, rather he was calm and collected.
"Yes we can. We'll just walk in and tell them. Simple."

Jungwoo sighed. He didn't realise it was going to be this difficult to actually tell the members about this.
"They need to know oppa." Belle looked into his eyes, searching for some sort of agreement.
"Okay. We'll just do it. Just like that."

Mabel squealed and grabbed his hand, pulling him out the room. She was sort of excited to tell the others, because it meant that they didn't have to sneak around to be with each other (even though any affection they gave to each other would have looked normal to the other members).

"Now?" Jungwoo asked, a bit shocked it was all happening so suddenly.
"Yes! Now!" Belle laughed loudly as she pulled him into the living room where 2 out of 8 remaining members were, being Mark and Johnny.

"Ugh. Where is everyone? I know they're all home." Belle mumbled but loud enough for the boys to hear.
"Go check their rooms or the studio. I'm sure nobody's gone out." Johnny replied. Belle nodded and ordered for Jungwoo to stay where he was as she ran off to find the other members.

Around 5 minutes later, they were all seated on the sofas, on the floor, wherever they could find a space basically. Looking at everyone now sat in front of her, Mabel started to become slightly nervous. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all...

"Why did you drag us all here Mi-Ok?" Taeil asked.
"Uh well. We have something to t-tell you guys." She spoke out quietly.
"We?"
"Yes. We." She grabbed Jungwoo's hand and he looked at her reassuringly. Belle could see Johnny and Yuta's eyes immediately go to their intertwined hands.

Belle took a deep breath and mustered up the courage.
"We're dating."

Silence.

"Did any of you hear me? I said that we're-"
"We heard you." Haechan said with zero expression or emotion in his voice.

The couple could see everyone's faces. Johnny looked very very happy. Doyoung did too, surprisingly. Jaehyun, Yuta and Taeil sat with their mouths open while Haechan just stared off into nothing. Mark looked towards the floor and Taeyong was just blinking, in confusion, and owning his mouth several times to say something but shutting it again.

Mabel looked at Jungwoo, who just stared back into her eyes.
"Why is no one saying anything?" She whispered your him, glancing back at the members.
"I'm not sure. It must have come as quite of a shock. I don't see how though, they must have known something was going on." Jungwoo also looked back at the group with a slightly confused face, but most of all he looked sad.

Did they not support it? Did they not want it happen? Was someone going to shout at them?

Why weren't they talking?