♔ | first day at home

Mabel stays at home... again

Mabel stayed true to her word. She was having a break. After she left the studio, she went straight to their boss' office and talked to him about everything. A few tears slipped out here and there and.. who am I kidding? Belle poured her heart out about how she was feeling with all the negative comments with tears flowing down her face.

He had agreed that it was best for her to take a small break until she was ready to come back to focus on bettering herself and learning to ignore the comments. He didn't say it harshly, but that was the gist. SM issued a statement which read:

Hello, this is S.M. Entertainment.
Regarding some recent comments and messages received by the artist, NCT's Belle has decided to take a small hiatus. This will be for as long as she needs so it is unknown as to when she'll return.
We hope the negativity will stop soon, however we cannot take much action against them. Anything said about Belle will have action taken against. We thank you for your understanding.

Currently, she was sprawled out on the sofa watching some cheesy romance film that was actually making her cringe. Everything the main characters said was so cliché and gross and quite honestly, Mabel wanted to throw up every time they spoke. Quickly grabbing the tv remote, she turned off the TV and grabbed her laptop which was sat in front of her.

Logging onto Disney+, she searched for Hamilton as she had yet to watch it. Of course she loved musical theatre and had already watched the Newsies musical, so now she had to watch this one too. And she didn't move throughout the whole thing.

Her eyes were fixated on the screen as she enjoyed the show and the songs, singing along occasionally and even attempting Lafayette's rap in Guns and Ships. To her surprise, she did it. But then realised that she's a rapper so it shouldn't have been hard for her to do.

As she was nearing the end of the show, the door slamming took her attention and she glanced towards the door. A smile made its way into her face when she saw Ten with some grocery bags in his hand. She jumped up and went towards him, and with him not having much time to react, he dropped the bags and caught Belle in his arms.

"Oh my god! I haven't seen you in ages! What are you doing here?" Her English naturally came out.
"I'm just coming by to check on you. Johnny told me what was going on so I thought I should bring some things to cheer you up." He replied, letting her go and taking the bags from the floor. Belle followed him into the kitchen idly but her eyes immediately lit up when she saw he had snuck in some chocolate for her. He handed it over and she ripped it open, thanking him in the process.

Ten laughed and shook his head at her childish behaviour and started putting away some of the things he had brought. After he was done, he threw the paper bag away and started to head towards the door.
"Wait, you're not staying?" Mabel's face made itself into a pout and she looked at him with puppy-dog eyes (🥺 you know).

Ten smiled and ruffled her hair; "I can't kiddo. I have to get to practise soon."
With a lot of whining from Mabel, Ten was able to make it out of the dorm and to the company on time, leaving the girl alone again. A loud sigh escaped her lips as she thought about what she could do.

The whole point of this break was for her to focus on herself, and better herself. However right now she wasn't exactly doing that. She strolled heavily to her room and grabbed a notebook and pen from the desk, sitting on her bed and opening it. She decided she was going to write a list of things about herself she wanted to improve on. Thinking hard, she finally put the pen to the page.

Work on body
> Legs
> Stomach
• Talk less (girl you talk so much it's painful)
• Be more confident
• Work on self-esteem
• Improve mindset
• Flexibilty? (does that count?)