♔ | prank - pt 3

Doyoung walked back into his and Mabel's room along with Taeyong, to see the girl and Jaehyun hugging each other. He could see some tear stains on Belle's cheeks. Taeyong cleared his throat from behind him and the two pulled apart.

Jaehyun glanced backwards to see Doyoung and Taeyong waiting, so he excused himself to Mabel and left the room. Mabel looked down towards her lap. She still couldn't believe they had taken it this far, not even giving her or Haechan a chance to explain it was a prank.

"Belle." Taeyong's voice echoed in her ears but she did t look at him.
"I'm sorry."

That caught her attention. She looked up with her eyes narrowed, slightly in confusion. Even though it was a prank, she hadn't expected him to apologise, especially after the way he acted. She thought he'd still be mad at her. Taeyong made his way over to Mabel's bed and sat himself down, Doyoung doing the same. As she stared at them, she tried not to cry again. She was still hurt at how the way Taeyong shouted at Haechan, and how Doyoung glared at her.

"We, well, we need to speak to the manager about this," Belle's eyes widened.
"No. No no absolutely no. We can't. He can't know."

"Mi-Ok, this is serious! He needs to know about this. What about your boss? He needs to know."
"No he can't. He can't know because it's not real. It's all fake. It was meant to be a prank Haechan thought of but you guys took it too far and didn't let either of us explain." Belle explained in a hurry.

The 2 boys stared at her in disbelief. Doyoung reaches into his pocket and took out the fake pregnancy test.
"How can this be fake?"
"That's what the package earlier was. Look at my search history if you don't believe me! Just ask Haechan, I'm not lying." Belle protested.

"If it's not true, then why were you crying about it?" Doyoung further questioned. Taeyong didn't speak a word and just watched as Mabel talked.

"Because he," she motioned towards Taeyong, "was shouting at me and at Haechan. And I didn't want him to do that. It hurt me so much to see him shouting and god knows what might have happened if I hadn't stepped in. I dread to think that. And it all would've been for nothing. Somebody could have got hurt, because of this stupid prank!" Belle broke down into tears again. She never wanted anything to end up like this.

Doyoung didn't know what to do. He nodded and said he was going to speak to Haechan to see if it was all fake. That left Mabel and Taeyong in the room. A small silence fell over them before Belle heard a sniff come from the boy. She glanced up and wiped her eyes, seeing that tears were pricking at Taeyong's eyes.

"Do you really think of me like that? Do you think I'd hurt someone?" He almost inaudibly whispered out.
"Oppa~ no," Mabel scooted closer to him, wrapping her small arms around his frame and resting her head on his shoulder, "I was just frightened. And you seemed so mad, that I didn't want anything to happen."

Soon, she felt 2 strong arms wrap around her back and pull her in. Taeyong's head was nuzzled into Belle's neck as she felt wet coat her shoulder. She let him stay there for a few minutes before she pulled away.

"Don't cry. Please,"
"I just feel so bad. I should've let Haechan explain. None of this would have happened."
"It doesn't matter. All that matters now is that it's not real and we don't have to worry about it." Belle whispered to him soothingly. He nodded his head and sniffed again.

"Taeyong oppa?"
"Hm?"
"I feel guilty."
"What for?" He questioned.

"Well, first of all. The only people who know this isn't real are me, Haechan oppa, you, Doyoung oppa and Jaehyun oppa-"
"Jaehyun was in on this?" Taeyong almsot burst out.
"Yes. Now shush. Everyone else needs to know. But I don't know how to tell them. It's gonna be so awkward. And I feel really bad because we made sure it was Jungwoo who found the test. We wanted only him to find it. Which sounds evil. And it is because we're so close and I lo- I feel guilty because if it was true, I would have told him first. And he knows that because I tell him everything. And even though this was fake, it's like I've betrayed him. And I don't know what to do."

Taeyong pulled the girl back into a hug, into his lap and calmed her down. He whispered that everything was going to be okay. They stayed like that for probably 10 minutes, each of them soothing the other. A soft knock was heard at the door before it creaked open.

Haechan peered round and came in.
"I overheard you talking earlier. I hope you don't mind, but I told everyone it was fake. I felt like I needed to, because it was my idea in the first place." He glanced down towards the floor.

Belle felt a nudge on her back as she pulled herself up from Taeyong and went over to Haechan. She put her fingers under his chin and brought his eyes to meet hers.

"Thank you."