♔ | choreo

Didn't take a very long break but Jungwoo is in the clear now soooo... NEW CHAPTER

Mabel and a friend decide to choreograph something just for fun

"Okay so," Mabel started to her friend whom she had called earlier to meet, "I'm wanting to choreograph something quite contemporary ballet style since I haven't done it in a long time and I was wondering if you would want to be part of it. The whole theme I was thinking for the dance works best as a duet so I was kind of  hoping you'd say yes?"

Ten looked at the girl with a small smile gracing on his lips. It had been a while since he had choreographed a duet with someone, the last being Winwin, and honestly he would love to do one with Mabel. However, he didn't know if either of them would have much time. Due to their different schedules and with being in separate units, it would be hard to find the time and space to do it and he didn't know if it would even be possible. They barely saw each other outside or even inside the company.

"Well," Belle looked on at him with hopeful eyes. He couldn't say no to her, "Of course I will."
"Oh my gosh, yay! Thank you!" She quickly gave him a small hug and stood up from the sofa in the company's communal area.
"I already asked my manager if he could keep a practise room free for me tomorrow so even if you said no I still would have done it. I'm pretty sure I have 5-8pm tomorrow with nothing on. Are you okay to do it then?"
"Actually, I am. And speaking of practise rooms, don't you have a practise now with Taeil and Jaehyun?" Ten questioned the girl and she widened her eyes in realisation, glancing down to her watch that Renjun had gifted her one Christmas.

"Ah I'm gonna be late! I'll see you tomorrow!" And she sped off to her practise.

>>>>>•<<<<<

Belle and Ten were in a practise room on the floor, each of them stretching out their bodies and warming up a bit more to start dancing. Just as she was about to pull out her phone for the music, Ten spoke up and took the words right out of her... well, idea out of her brain.
"What song are we dancing to? And what's the theme too?"

"I was just about to get to that," Belle said, letting out a small laugh and pulling her leg further backwards, "I chose Hold On by Chord Overstreet. I just think the lyrics are really deep and we'll be able to get across a meaning if we choreograph it correctly. Here, I'll play it." Belle pressed the song and immediately the room was filled with music.

Ten sat and listened to it the entire way through, taking in the lyrics and the feel of the song. It was how he worked: first he'd listen to the full song and then play it again, standing up and letting the movement come to him rather than chasing it. Belle sat and watched in admiration as he marked out some moves lazily. Ten was her inspiration when it came to dance, he had taught her a lot during her trainee days and even after she debuted and she was very grateful to him for that.

"Have you got any ideas?" He asked which snapped her out of her gaze. Belle hummed and stood up, playing the music again from the chorus and gently moving around.
"There's a part where I want us to do this," She mimed out a partner move, "But I'm not sure if it'll work,"
"Let's choreograph the rest and see when we get to it."

The next hour or so was the two of them creating the dance. One or two times they had bickered a bit on what was better to be in it or to link moves to one another but in the end, each of their ideas were in anyways. Another hour had passed and they almost had a full dance, which actually surprised Mabel slightly as it usually took her ages to choreograph something she was happy with. They spent some time going over it to make sure it was implemented into their minds and so they wouldn't forget it.

"Ready to run it all the way through?" Belle asked, taking a sip of her water and going over to her phone.
"Yep. Do you want to film it to see if anything needs to be changed?"
"Sure,"

(music at top)

Moments later and the pair were off dancing, letting themselves go. Both of them put emotion into their dance, even if they were only just doing it for fun. It got to the part that Belle wanted in; the part where she ran and jumped on his back, wrapping her arms and legs around him before he swung her round and onto the floor, taking himself down with her too.

And at that exact moment Mabel's manager walked through the door, catching the two dancing together. He was impressed by their work and stood to watch the rest of their routine. When Mabel and Ten finished, he clapped making them revert their attention from each other to the opening in the door.
"That was really good. So that's what you wanted the studio for?"
"Yes and thank you," Belle replied, bowing slightly and wiping her head to rid herself of sweat.

It was nearing 8pm and another group were needing the practise room. Belle's manager had a talk with them: he was going to mention the duet they had choreographed to WayV's manager and probably Lee Sooman as well. And from there, he wanted them to film it for YouTube just like Ten had done with Winwin. He thought it would be good to show the fans something different, especially because they hadn't seen this side of Belle recently and that it would go down well with them.

Needless to say, they were very excited that this could possibly happen and agreed. They bowed and bid farewell as her manager left the room and looked at each other with grins on their faces.
"You think this could be something for the future? You know like, a tour or a performance or maybe we could even have a duo unit!" Mabel excitedly blurt out, causing her friend to shake his head.
"Maybe it could be saved for a performance, but I don't think we'll be getting a duo unti anytime soon. Besides, even if that did happen it would be under NCT U and not our own."

Belle's face dropped and she looked at the floor.

"But there's always hope!" Ten quickly said, noticing her downcast expression. She looked up and smiled again, him going to ruffle her hair.

These two got along just too well.