♔ | hospital

"Why do you all look like I just died?" Belle spoke, her voice slightly raspy from just waking up.

Everybody's heads snapped towards her as she looked at them all with a blank face. Some of them started to cry (if they hadn't already) and some were just relieved to see her awake.

"Am I in hospital?" She asked after the silence that followed her last question.
"Yes you are Peaches," Jungwoo softly told her as she looked at him, "You passed out."
She nodded slowly and looked at everyone in the room again. They all sat as still as statues.

"Is nobody going to say anything?"

Again, she only got tear stained faces.

"Guys, I'm fine! Look."

Doyoung was the first to speak.

"Oh my god." He hung his head down low on the bed as he sobbed out, Johnny rubbing his back soothingly.
Taeil quickly left to grab a doctor or nurse and seconds later came back with the same nurse as earlier.

"Hello Miss Choi."
"Uh, hi." Belle awkwardly replied.
"Mi-Ok, do you know where you are?" The nurse kindly asked.
"Yeah. I'm in the hospital."

A few more questions and some checks later, the nurse left and Belle was left with her members again. Their manager had also come into the room, but was sat nearer the door and away from the bed. Everybody was sort of in chaos. They had all come to their senses and were now just a heap of crying mess in the room, much to Belle's confusion. She was fine. Why were they crying so much?

"Are you guys alright? Why is everyone crying?" Concern was laced in her calm voice as she glanced at Taeyong next to her who was trying to wipe his tears away.
"We thought we were going to lose you. Nobody knew what was going on. Nobody knew why it had happened. They said you had shallow breaths so we could only assume the worst." Taeyong spoke as tears threatened to fall from his eyes again.

Mabel reaches up with both of her arms to wipe them away, being careful of the IV that was in her left. She cupped his face and looked into his eyes.
"Well, I'm alright now. So there's no need for silly crying. I guess you want me to explain." She let out with a. small laugh as everyone in the room looked at her expectantly.
"I guess I don't have a choice now..." She mumbled as she slowly straightened herself upwards, being careful.

"Basically. Wait. What did the nurse say was the problem before I tell you?"
"She told us that you're severely anaemic and dehydrated. And that the doctor presumed your a bit malnourished because of the condition your body is in." Yuta informed her as she nodded her head.

"So. Around the time of 'Kick It', I started to try lose some weight and it didn't go so well at first I mean we know that because of that one time Taeil and Mark found me. Anyways, I was so focused on my body and trying to look good that I didn't realise I wasn't eating the right things or drinking enough water after a dance practise or gym session. I only realised I hadn't been eating right when I saw what I looked like. So I started to get better, and drink and eat more, but when I had my solo stage I noticed I had put on a bit of weight. So I drastically started to change again. That explains the dehydration and just generally unhealthy body I have. I can't explain the anaemia although I'm guessing that's because I wasn't eating properly." Belle explained with the boys and her manager listening to every word. Once she was done, she anxiously waited for a reaction.

"Why did you think you needed to lose weight? You're perfect, there's practically no fat on you." Doyoung said with a serious face.
"No one is perfect oppa. Not even me. Look, it was my decision to do that and I thought I needed to lose it, so I did." Belle replied, getting a bit defensive. Doyoung sighed and nodded, "Yes I know. But it's just so dangerous, Mabel."

Belle got told off a bit from some of the members, but most of them told her they would support her and help her to recover. Around 30 minutes had passed and there was faint knock at the window of Belle's hospital room. Everyone looked over to see Renjun stood with a worried face and behind him were the other 4 dreamies and their manager.

"We better be going boys. You have more things to do today." Their manager told them and despite protests from them, they still had to go. They left and the dreamies came in.

Renjun immediately ran to her side and took the seat Taeyong was sat in. He looked her up and down quickly with frantic eyes.
"Are you alright? What happened?"

"I'm fine oppa. I promise. I just fainted badly, that's all." She replied as she gave his arm a small squeeze.

The Dreamies spent as long as they could with her and she told them how she was in there in the first place, repeating what she had said to the others. Soon they also had to leave, and they all gave her a hug, a big group hug before they left. But they were still careful.

"Bye bye noona." Jisung smiled sweetly as he walked out the door.
"Uh, please can you make sure my brother doesn't know about this?" Belle asked as the dreamies manager turned around and gave her a deadpan face.
"I can't promise anything, but I'll try." They walked out and Mabel was left alone.

The nurse came back in and checked her temperature, along with her ears and whatever else she needed to do.

"Who were all those boys coming in and out of here? Are they all your boyfriends?" The nurse teased her. She didn't look much older than Belle, maybe around 25.
"Oh no. They're my group members. I'm in a kpop group." Belle replied with a small laugh.

"Oh wait! I think I've seen you before. Choi Mi-Ok. Choi Mabel. You're in NCT! The only girl, ahhh that's where I recognise you from." The nurse sat down in a chair and smiled at Mabel.
"Yep! That's me."

"I actually used to listen to a few of your songs, back when I was just studying and training. Probably in 2018 I started listening."
"That's the year I debuted and was added to NCT 127, along with Jungwoo." Belle smiled as she spoke Jungwoo's name. It was unintentional but the nurse noticed.

"Ooh. Have something for Jungwoo, do you?" She teased. Belle was having fun talking to her and didn't mind.
"Noooo," She replied sarcastically with a laugh, "What's your name?"

"Ahn Haewon." The nurse smiled as Belle returned it.
"Nice to meet you. Uh, do you know when I'll be able to get out of here? I don't really like hospitals." Mabel asked timidly.
"I'd say you could leave either today or tomorrow if we manage to get your medication ready by 6:00pm."
"Thank you. Anyways, I think you should be getting back to your duties. Don't want to keep anyone waiting now, do you?"

Haewon smiled and nodded at Belle, the two saying bye to each other before the nurse left.

Hopefully she could go home soon then.