Part Thirteen: What Wouldn't 'Angel Dust' Do? (1)

Angel sighed coming out of the ensuite bathroom of his hotel suite with a dressing robe on and a hand towel wrapped around his head. He already felt a little more sober after his shower, glad he had chosen to have it after eating, that had really helped him. As he perched down on the heart-shaped bed Fat Nuggets came over and began snuffling, rubbing himself against his left leg. The spider demon reached down and rubbed his ear affectionately as he considered how he was going to approach tonight. He knew Cherri was right, he was going to have to try going downstairs as Anthony Ragno, not Angel Dust. He just wasn't very sure how to go about that as he had spent more time hiding behind his persona than actually being himself. Still, he was going to try.

The pale pink furred spider pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lit one with a zippo lighter, he'd been smoking since he was a kid so this was something he'd been doing since hiding in the closet from his father. He took a few puffs to settle his initial apprehension before exhaling his current mouthful of smoke then getting up and opening the sliding door of the large wardrobe across from his bed.

First things first. What could he wear?

Or more accurately, what did he have that Angel wouldn't wear. A lot of the stuff he nixed immediately. Such as the more risqué clothing and drag stuff. Angel Dust was about embodying a fantasy, he had many looks and many different sides. But today was not about playing the ego or soliciting clients. It was about him reconnecting with the spider behind that, getting back in touch with his inner desires, not fulfilling the ones of other demons. He pulled out a white long-sleeved shirt that was sitting near the back of his wardrobe and a set of skin-tight black pants. Usually he never wore this shirt as Angel, it wasn't tight enough to create the 'bust' in his fluffy chest even with it over the shoulders but since that was what he was going for he pulled it on. He then grabbed a pink blazer out of the wardrobe and pulled it on, deciding against buttoning it up since that would avoid bringing back the 'bust'. He then pulled out a black tie and instead of tying it in a bow-tie like he normally would he tied it in a double-windsor knot, letting the ends fall loose in front of his flatter chest. He turned to the full-length mirror on the wall and studied his more mannish appearance.

A smile curved his lips. He looked sharp and while still being somewhat effeminate it wasn't overly so. This might work. He then noticed his bare feet poking out from the bottom of the black pants. This might be a problem. He looked down at the rows of feminine shoes lining the bottom of the wardrobe.. He picked up his cigarette from the crystal ashtray, flicked the ash tip and took a few drags as he contemplated his options. It might take a while to find the perfect pair for what he wanted to achieve.

After a while of raiding his many pairs of shoes and spreading some of them over his bedroom floor the spider demon settled on a set of white pointed ankle boots with a chunky black kitten heel. He wouldn't be as tall in them as he usually was in his tall stiletto thigh high boots but he could live with that, both Alastor and Husk would tower over him without the added height but he would still be taller than any of the girls.

As he settled at his dresser he took the last draw of his smoke then stubbed it out in the ashtray and began to style his long head fluff like hair then put on a light covering of make up. He wouldn't look too drastically different from his alter ego Angel Dust as he'd never been a huge fan of heavy drag make-up. He didn't need it as he just had naturally effeminate looks that he shared with his fraternal twin Molly and their Ma. He had always looked a little girly, even in his father's eyes. Though he was happy he didn't share the scruffy looks of either him or his brother. He smiled finishing the look off with a spritz of one of his less over-powering perfumes and picked up his little worn white fedora with pink band along with his smokes and room key. With one final four handed index point and a wink at his reflection he left the room, leaving Fat Nuggets to settle himself down for the night..