39. Testing

6.03.20

"I'm confident you two can do it, but not without training and friends. Not only are you an inexperienced wolf, but you're also unaware of your abilities magic wise. Your warlock friend was taught from a young age, but I'm going to need to teach you if you have a wink of a chance. Follow me, and we'll figure out what you can do. Have you seen any hint of magic?"

"When Dan kidnapped us, I saw it. All I know is that it can shatter metal."

"That's interesting. Mine relies on metal to function, and your father's relates to keeping me safe. We're definitely going to have to explore your abilities before we can train them. First, we should make sure that my brother isn't destroying your friend. I get the sense that the spirits don't like warlocks."

When we arrived back outside the room, the other two were getting hounded with questions from Blake and Gabriel. "Why did you wake us up and force us out at 1 in the morning!"

"Who are you?"

Blake was the first one to sight me, and he ran up to me with a hug. "I was worried when you weren't here!"

Gabe looked away angrily at his boyfriend's actions, and I realized just how jealous he was of our relationship. "I'm okay, Blake. You two can go back to sleep."

He skipped up to Gabe and planted a kiss on his lips before pulling him back into the bedroom, and the rest of us went into the rather large backyard. "Alright, you two can keep arguing, but we'll be figuring out Dev's powers." Jack started up the argument trail again, and his words lead on the older man until they were back into a major argument. "I don't know how to activate your powers, so we're going to be trying a lot of random things."

A piece of metal was placed into my hand, but nothing happened. We tried many things, yet nothing reacted. Suddenly, I saw a blast of green from the corner of my vision, and Jack was flung backwards into a tree. I stormed across the lawn and quickly began shouting, but I kept getting silenced and it was really pissing me off.

"No! You listen to me!" On the last word, purple flared in my hands, and I saw his magic go into his. "Just because something happened years ago doesn't give you an excuse to keep fighting! We are supposed to be working together not tearing each other apart!"

I saw the green begin to shoot out, but I moved my hands instinctually before the blast got trapped in his hands. The beautiful violet rays wrapped around his hands, and it only took a few seconds before his power was neutralized. I dropped my hands, but when he tried to shoot at me again, it didn't work. "What the hell did you just do?"

"I don't know!"

"The demons are about to not have to kill you!"

When he leapt at me, I jerked my hards up again, and it successfully froze him in midair. "Why are you attacking me!?"

"Might relate to the fact that I'm stuck in midair!"

"You wouldn't be stuck in midair if you weren't attacking me!"

I felt my papa's hand on my shoulder, and he instructed me to put his brother down. I reluctantly did so, and my uncle crashed onto the grass. "I know what Dev's powers are! It makes sense."

"What are they?"

"You're more of a defense. You can take someone's powers temporarily and use them against them, but only if they've instigated against you. Hmmm..."

He looked over at Jack with a strange expression, and when I followed his gaze the boy had his arms raised directly at me. His gaze was threatening, and I only just realized what was happening in time to fall sideways from a blast of blue electricity. The grass behind me combusted, and I was concerned. "Jack, I don't know what I did, but we can talk about this!"

He stalked forward like a wildcat, and I propped myself on my crutches to use my arms. When he was much closer, I could see the crackling of electricity around his fingers, and I got worried. Suddenly, Papa joined his approach with a similar expression, and I looked between the two of them with alarm.

I saw Jack's wrist flick, and I went to use my own violet power before letting it wrap around Jack's wrist. However, he seemed to be more powerful than me when he broke free of my hand prisons and went onto the attack again. A second blast was soon coming my way, and I jerked my hand up to defend myself. A wall of violet rose ahead of my to absorb the blast, and I threw the now electrified power back. Jack easily deflected it, and I continued doing my best to block him. I got an idea, and I twisted my foot slightly in the soft dirt. Two blocks of thick mud surrounded his feet, but it only slowed him down for a few seconds before he continued advancing. His normally pale blue eyes had turned into a stormy abyss, and I was about to submit to my fate when I got one last hurrah. I pulled a small tree fresh out of the dirt before throwing the heavy object at him.

After a few minutes of thick silence, I went over to see if I could find him and my Papa in the thick foliage, and I found Jack curled up tightly right near the trunk. It was centimeters from crushing him completely, but I was glad that it didn't. Suddenly, his body uncurled, and I could see his eyes sparkling. "Shields, earth manipulation, and can throw plants. Any ideas hot shot?"

Papa crawled out from underneath a different pile of leaves, and I could tell that his only injury was a cut on his cheek. "Mmm... Yeah the earth stuff threw me for a loop."

"Were you two just messing with me!? I could have died, or you two could have gotten killed."

"Well I wouldn't call it messing; we were testing you, yes. We knew we wouldn't kill you, but we weren't expecting the whole tree thing."

"Jack you were centimeters away from that tree, are you not alarmed?"

"It doesn't matter! Oh, while my abilities are still on the surface, come here."

I limped over to him, and he made me lay down with my legs across him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing painful, trust me."

I could feel his hands messing with my cast, but I figured he was doing it for a reason, so I didn't complain. I felt a warm tingling sensation in my right leg once the thick fabric was discarded, and it made me relax into the calming feeling.

When Jack's touch disappeared, I was shocked to find my leg painless and pretty normal. "Now you can run away from shit!"

"Thanks. Now the principal is actually going to think I was faking it."

"Our principal is a micropenis."

"Can say that again. I guess we should be more worried about Blake and Gabe."

"We'll just tell them it was all a massive prank."

"Works for me."

"I'm going the hell to sleep."

"I wish I could."

"Just let me sleep on you already. You're tall and comfortable."

"Fine, but be have to go back to the room."

"I'm down. Air conditioning."

"Okay princess."

"Right man whore."

"I'm a virgin!"